Bards - double nerf for Vainglorious Shout

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Bobokin, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Bobokin Augur

This is a major double nerf for Bards fighting greens and helping out slightly lower level players in a group.

Like Bards haven't been nerfed enough.
  2. Qulo New Member

I think the class of bards is pretty much dead now. They took away our being the fastest running class in the game. They took away every AE ability we had... why do we even need bards anymore?
  3. Qulo New Member

They took away our ability to fade now too (at least on raids) we can't fade high level mobs...
  4. Moege Augur

To be fair they did a good job on destroying necro's now that that is handled moving on to bards. The class is in for a world of hurt till people stop playing them.
  5. Bobokin Augur

With this nerf, I will likely never play my bard again.

What's the point?
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

To drive your enemies before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. 6 at a time.
    Jyve likes this.
  7. Derd Augur

That's weird I fade on raids all the time if I need to . If the only reason You play a Bard was to AOE green mobs you aren't really Playing a Bard.
    Funky, Jyve and code-zero like this.
  8. Qulo New Member

Guess you have never done trade skills before. Some of us are done with end game high level stuff. I have been maxed in all of that for months now.
  9. Derd Augur

Trade skills are the devil. Shouldn't even be in game.
  10. Jyve Augur

Yeah, only use I made of that 'kill everything' was going to really old zones, collecting the entire zone, and killing them in one shout for farming BD's/TS drops.
    oh well.
  11. Bobokin Augur

Who are YOU to tell 20 year veteran players how WE should play?
  12. ptah Augur

IDK feels like nerf are very over claimed. Maybe its just the playstyle of others?
    If use for farming greenies? you can do the same with wizard merc I would think.. maybe the word is similar..
    Each to their own. Adjust and enjoy. More that one way to skin a cat.
    Funky likes this.
  13. Derd Augur

I guess i am someone who doesn't say idiotic things like the eq staff is trying to alienate the players of the game that pays them. And sadly only 19 years here.
    Duder, Szilent and Maedhros like this.
  14. Maedhros High King

Bards are still fantastic after this rather insignificant nerf.
    Funky and Jennre like this.
  15. Cuuthbert Augur

I have not found this to be anywhere near a HUGE nerf. The endurance portion is painful and it slows down farming of grey mobs for tradeskill items but I get around that by just pulling out a melee merc an grabbing them all. Little slower but oh well. I have also found that in most raids really do not get to use Vainglorious that much and when I do get to use it I still don't run out of endurance by end of the raid. Also I rarely see more than 6 mobs to hit. In the group Game, rarely are there more than 6 mobs to hit when you are doing true experience. There is still plenty of DPS to be had from our alliance and the bard ADPS is still king. There are so many tools the bard has in the bag. Jack of all trades master of none.
    Elyssanda, Dhurgan and Jennre like this.