Bards and Wizzy Mercs

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Morgoth, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Morgoth Elder

There has been some discussion elsewhere about Wizzy merc's being top dps when grouped with a bard.

What songs / twist would be best to optimize Wizzy merc burn performance?

Thanks for the help.
  2. Terrwence New Member

Here is the song twist I use for Wizzys and Mages...

1. Kaficus' Spiteful Lyric
    2. Fatesong of Protan
    3. Ruaabri's Reckless Renewal
    4. Arcane Hymn
    5. Pulse of Salarra
    6. Gosik's Aria

I have my hotkey setup to sing Motlak's Lively Crescendo everytime is it up to help with mana regen and group heals.
    I also have my Aura of Va'Ker running.

3. Morgoth Elder

Are you able to successfully twist 6 songs?
  4. Feradach Augur

With Extended Inginuity maxed, it is indeed possible.
  5. Lenowill Augur

What.

How long has this worked like this!? :O

*runs off gleefully cackling to play bard*
  6. Feradach Augur

I don't think it's supposed to work, but it does. In fact I even remember seeing a patch note a long time ago saying that EI no longer extended bard songs, but that ain't exactly accurate.
  7. Blackhood Journeyman

shhhhhhh /distract: mages are so overpowered
  8. Brosa Augur

OOohhh the Devs are about to hit the nerf button! Won't be twisting 6 songs for long lol
  9. Nylrem Augur

Couple questions on this.

Why wouldn't you play Aria of Va'Ker? 42% increase to spell damage vs. Aura's 29%? Granted, especially with a magician, you want Aura going (as well) because it effects their high dps swarm pets, and songs don't, but it seems to me that 13% of each spell's base damage would be fairly significant, in a caster group.

Are these in what you would consider the best ADPS order? I am guessing you put the highest adps song first, in the lineup, to ensure continuity after a required melody stop?

Fatesong of Protan helps magicians 0, correct?

Why wouldn't you play Chorus of Salarra instead of Ruaabri's? It appears that it stacks with Pulse of Salarra, and I don't understand why you would want healing improvements over mana/hp regen?

I don't know how much Kaficus' procs, but it would seem to me that possibly swapping Insult in for that may be more dps, with few/no meleeing toons?
  10. silku Augur

Out of curiosity has anyone compared wiz merc + bard vs wizmerc + chanter in dps parsing? I'm curious which gives the 'top' parse on that.
  11. Obiwon Elder

maxed its more like 5-6, and you will drop the old song about half the time before the new one comes out.
    However, if they are going to nerf the bard with their diminished utilty, when certain classes are practically dieties, then this game has no hope anyway.