Bards and Mount Buff

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Burpee, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Sancus Augur

For casters, Bard Epic increases nuke and DoT critical chance. It stacks with IoG, which increases critical chance and critical damage. There is an effective cap of 100% critical chance (since at 100% crit chance every spell is already a crit). In that sense, Bard Epic doesn't do anything if everyone in the group is already at or above 100% crit chance. That said, depending on your raid's ADPS, you can definitely run into situations where you want IoG and Bard Epic at the same time, especially for a second use of IoG in an event (where it won't likely be on at the same time as Auspice).

There is also a spell haste cap of 50%, but neither of these abilities related to casting times.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Zolav Augur

This whole 2nd part of the discussion came about when I asked why She didn't use Aria, only Aura... both should be used, or if am wrong please explain lol...
  3. Szilent Augur

quick test this afternoon, with me being too dumb to equip different type pri/sec so I can't separate the hits -

just Aura 32329 total hits in 4459s = 7.25 hits/sec
    there were 6296 flurry hits

Aria+Aura 36627 total hits in 4581s = 7.99 hits/sec
    9193 flurry hits, ~45% more
    Thunderkiks, Zolav and Svann2 like this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

it was about helping my group, not myself I thought.. and as Sancus said (thank you hun) they do hit their cap, so I didn't think I needed to hit it because I'm all about helping my group max out, then worrying about mine.
  5. Szilent Augur

Gaining hits is much much better for every other melee class than it is for bards. That the tests are run on the bard that does the singing is just for convenience.
    Zolav likes this.
  6. Zolav Augur

Oh I totally get that! Great attitude putting your homies before yourself, but pets can flurry too, least mage pets, not sure about necro pets.. anywho it seems 100 perc beneficial to have aria and aura going in any group setting IMO.
  7. Szilent Augur

If it's a caster group, then it's not about the additional hits, it's about stronger spell focus from Aria, and buffing the Servants via Aura
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

it's in now, good thing.. I have 2 mages tonight.
    Waitwhat and Skuz like this.