Bards and Clickies

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Shakara, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Shakara Augur

I have seen a lot of talk about this and thought it might deserve its own thread. In my experience of playing on the TLPs. There are an assortment of clicks that bards can use on bard items but there is large number of them that are irrelevant because they have a cast time. For instance if we look at Denon's Drums of Declivity Drums in Vex thall they have the song Occlusion of Sound as a click effect however there is no reason to ever use this click because of the the following problems:
    1. The song is not modded so if you need it for the effect you want to sing the song instead
    2. The click has a cast time so if you want to use it to pull you are better off throwing, or if you want it for an extra effect as an ummemed spell you have to give up a song in your melody anyways.
    Because of this these clicks are just noob traps and you are actually less efficient if you use them (if I am wrong about this please let me know) and could see some changes for them are to make them instant cast but with an like 12 second reuse timer. This way you cannot spam them but also they are not useless. However I don't know how difficult of a task that would be and if its possible.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

Well IIRC debuffs aren't modded anyway and that's what Occlusion of Sound does. It's best use is for debuffing so that spells have a better chance of landing.
  3. Brohg Augur

4. code-zero Augur

5. Troutfest Augur

Sirene_Fippy has so much good bard info posted on the boards its too bad its not able to all be in one spot. Many thanks to them for doing so much testing and posting.
  6. svann Augur

IIRC the drum click was mostly used once at the start to help other classes land their debuffs quickly. And with a click you dont have to waste a song gem on it.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Kamor Lorekeeper

In order for item clicks to be modified by percussion, stringed, etc. the item needs to be equipped.
  8. Nniki Augur

That is incorrect. Equipping the item does not allow the clicky effect to be modified. It is unmodified regardless.
  9. Kamor Lorekeeper

Brohg likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

learned something new! verified, the Fermata gets +1 tick from equipping! I don't think that'll make me actually bando in Selo's Drums every tick, but it's a good thing to know
  11. Nniki Augur

You are confusing things. Neither the Aria of Absolution Rk. III clicky effect from Marrow's Song nor the Fermata of Preservation Rk. III clicky effect from Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo are affected by instrument modifiers, regardless of whether they are equipped or not.

Songs that are item click effects do, however, get modified by the Finesse line of focus effects found on instruments, such as the ones you listed. The Finesse focus effects increase the duration of songs that are of the relevant instrument skill. That is what you are seeing while equipping Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo and clicking its Fermata of Preservation Rk. III effect. If you were to instead equip the Twisted Reed Flute and click the Fermata of Preservation Rk. III effect on Lyssa`s Darkwood Piccolo, you would still see an additional tick added to its duration.

However, in regards to the Aria of Absolution Rk. III clicky effect from Marrow's Song removing additional counters while equipped, you are mistaken. Check again. I think you will see that it will only and always remove the base 17 poison, disease, and curse and 15 corruption counters. Equipping the Marrow's Song and clicking the effect will not change the number of counters removed.
    Kamor and Brohg like this.
  12. Kamor Lorekeeper

Ah, my mistake on the what focused the clicky; I appreciate the information. I do however believe you are incorrect with regards to Aria of Absolution, as unequipped it will not cure the poison in Mearatas, but will cure it while equipped; at least in my experience.
  13. Nniki Augur

Mearatas is unavailable for me tonight, but here's the effect on Choking Waters, a 30 poison counter debuff. You can see it only removes 17 counters with Marrow's Song equipped.
    [IMG]

I'd imagine there's a good chance you're getting cured by paladin splash during Mearatas.
    Kamor likes this.
  14. Kamor Lorekeeper

Appreciate the demo, I doubt its a paladin cure, the only times I self cure are at 25, or when I'm in a hallway group.
    Nniki likes this.