Bard unable to scribe level 71 spell

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nebulism, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Nebulism Lorekeeper

At 71 when attempting to scribe: Jonathan's Mightful Caretaker, I return the red text: You are not able to learn that skill. I've tried relogging, moving around my spellbook, and other attempts. The other 3 spells at that level scribed perfectly fine.

At least it is only a self-only spell, so I can go without regardless.

Thanks
  2. svann Augur

Is this on a progression server? JMC is a buried sea spell. Maybe your server is only up to serpent spine?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you perhaps on test server? Some folks over there have mentioned having problems with spells. Especially spells from The Buried Sea
  4. Soju Elder

The problem is on live servers as well, tested with some TBS druid spells today. There has been a DBG issue tracker item started about it.
  5. Grove Augur

On Bristlebane last night a level 71 Druid was unable to scribe merchant-purchased Spell: Fernspur. He did not have Rank II of the spell. Unknown reason for the problem. Think other spells at the level he was able to scribe.
  6. Notafel Journeyman

Phinigel server. Purchased 2 level 71 Rk2 spells for some alt characters from TBS. Shaman Talisman of Persistence scribed just fine. Shadow Knight Marrowthirst Horror gave the above error: "You are not able to learn that skill"

Side note, Bard Jonthan's Mightful Caretaker is a really good song and you should be upset that you can't scribe it. Does a lot for personal DPS.
  7. Jelo New Member

Happened to me on Phinny today. I bought Staccato Cadence Rk III in Katta and cannot scribe it, got the "You are not able to learn that skill" message.
  8. Locutusofborg New Member

My Shadowknight is unable to scribe level 71 Marrowthirst Horror. Same message as everybody else.....
  9. code-zero Augur

10. Metrav Journeyman

I petitioned the same problem, and was told basically: /bug. The team that handles those issues doesn't respond to petitions or read the forums, and no one from here will ever pass anything along. It's up to the community to /bug. We have to learn to be self dependent as there is no longer direct lines of communications to get anything fixed in a timely manner. We must wait, and pay while we do.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Things do get passed on

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...te-bugs-01-16-2019.253819/page-5#post-3737672

Should be in Februarys patch in a few weeks time