Bard: This might just be me, but I thought I'd ask

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jhinx, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

There are times when I just cannot seem to fade off additional mobs, but it's fairly inconsistent, so I though I would ask to see if anyone is having a similar experience.

e.g. I am in Korafax dragging little a mindsheer attendants down that little ramp and beating them to death out of sight of their friends. I got the split by lulling one, then mezzing another with Slumber of the Mindshear (seemed appropriate considering the mobs), two on agro, but only the one comes for me. As soon as he gets close I fade off the mezzed one and proceed to beat on him. Then the mez elapses and that one charges me. Uhm, wut?

e.g.2. Continuing with the above tradeskill farming, I tried Bazu everywhere and even popped into Walls of Slaughter to see if I could get my drop there. I agro the static one in the room by the zoneline and kill him, getting a couple adds, which I fade off as I'm running off. They reagro (but you guys don't cast, and don't see invis...how are you reagroing again?) forcing me to fade again...and then again.

Perhaps this is a /bug report, or the acid just kicked in.

Another thing I am seeing is I would bring a mob into camp, tab target to the add, start singing a mez, and immediately flip to the first mob to melee it before the song even lands, and the one to be mezzed keeps beating on people. It's not like I'm getting resists, and my song is still playing, it just doesn't seem to be doing anything.

If this all sounds crazy and your mileage varied big time, be gentle :)
  2. Buri Augur

I think I see what's happening here:

When you sing a mez song and it lands, it will continue to refresh every tick, if you keep singing that song OR stop singing altogether. ,It will continue to refresh until you start another song. I've noticed this with single target songs and the AA, but not with the AOE.
    As for the flipping targets thing, maybe wait til it lands... I've never had any trouble with that.
  3. Chorus Augur

When you flip targets, make sure your mez isn't in the form of a /melody command. You just want to start the song and let it run. It will continually refresh on the target from when the song first starts at that point, but if you sing anything at all, including the same mez song, the target shifts to your current target. I suspect this is the issue.

Same with fading off mobs, we usually do a /stopsong in the fade macro for this reason, but that mez pulse will refresh every tic if the song is still running, thus re-aggroing everything around that mezzed mob.
    code-zero likes this.