Bard - Symphony of Battle

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zaviere, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Zaviere Augur

So since the last patch, I have been kinda noticing that Symphony of Battle is dropping randomly during raids. Granted, I have only raided once (last night) since the patch, but couldn't help but see that, at seemingly random times, the SoB buff would just disappear. I wouldn't notice it right away, so it is hard to tell exactly what might be doing it, if something IS doing it. I may just be crazy, but I don't think so (at least not about this).

Have other Bards noticed this at all?

The only definitive testing I have done is with our own ADPS abilities (FE, QT, Spires) but none of them seem to be the cause of this drop off. My thought is perhaps another class' group-based ability may be to blame. I raid again tonight and plan on watching closely to see if I can better pinpoint when SoB drops off.

I only bring it up because a lot of the melee I am usually buffing are very picky about having SoB active at all times (understandable, of course). It's enough that I am reapplying it after any of them die, but to have some other effect outside my control that is causing it to drop off is a bit annoying, and is some kind of bug I hope.

I have not /bug reported it yet simply because I have not narrowed down what it could be that is doing it. Once I have more information, I will do up a report.

Until then, I was just curious as to whether or not other Bards have been having the same issue.
  2. Lifeshriek Augur

this is possibly due to a beastlord casting their third spire on your group
    Zaviere likes this.
  3. Zaviere Augur

I just had a Beastlord guildmate use their third spire on me, and that is exactly what is doing it.

Is this a new thing, or has it always overwritten SoB? I do not recall ever seeing this happen before.

Granted, after a quick chat with said guildmate, apparently Beastlord third spire is not the preferred spire ability to use, so that may be why I have not encountered it before.

Either way, it's nice to know now what is doing it, bug or not. Thanks for saving me the hassle of having to watch during raids for what was causing it!
  4. Brudal Augur

10/21/2015 - Slot 12 changed from 'Increase Attack by 12' to 'Increase Attack by 70'

now overwrites SoB
    Riou and Zaviere like this.
  5. Zaviere Augur

So it IS a new thing.

Well, that sucks...
  6. Brudal Augur

Odd that it went straight to live, was supposed to be a beta adjustment.