Bard stats

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cicelee, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

My 110 box bard is wearing a mixture of raid and group gear from previous expansions. As I start to compare ROS raid phlogiston gear with TOV T1 attunable gear, what should my priority stats be?

AC? HP? HDEX or HSTA or _______?

I know that raid gear from previous expansions tend to have better AC and heroics and instrument focus than current expansion group. But there is a point where group gear HP is more than COTF raid HP, for example. Hence why I ask what the priorities should be for gearing.

As far as the purpose, my bard single pulls and does auto attack and /melody. I have a short refresh burn hotkey (FE, QT, cacophony, etc) and a longer refresh burn hotkey that I use on named.

Thanks all for advice.
  2. ptah Augur

Is this a joke, I mean cice is like top of top on summoned jokes, right?

In order to answer this question or series of questions better, I must ask for more detail.

>>Is the box insulting, once per melody? or every 3s?
    >> How is bards mana on lesson burn, on average?
    >> Inside of Tov content is bard ok on AE named damge? or Spikes and takes the attention of merc while for Cicely Jr, aka pet?
    >> What is cicelee effort level towards this bard? Leech, Friends with benefits, or joint at the hip?

As we define the style in detail on how bard is used, and to what degree, he point the direction at which we focus.

I guess without data, the difference going 1 way or another is very minor, and stress free answer is balance. While some claim all this Hdex bonus, parse and show me the data that supports bard dps with Hdex. Im much more into either Hsta or Hint, is it huge difference no? More hps, more endo regen and pool? cheers, More mana regen, more mana to last longer on peak synergy, cheers. These are things I favor.

Look Hdex and Hagi are great, but I Hsta and Hint are my focus.

could rather proc synergy every 3 or 4 second, or each tick? are you ok with peak 12min play and 2 min coffee break? Or is that longer duration more important to you, because this is box, and world moves as the mage does?

Hp>still i got enought to live 90% of time, then I want more mana period. Now with people loving the x4 dots, I figure people cycling insult without push, every 3 song or so, with dots, 2 or 3 supportive songs.

Maybe the nature of 2 boxing is slow enough that mana is huge, and have a balance? I dont know til cic tells rest of story on what is important to box bard use.
  3. svann Augur

My formula of value per stat point
    HP = 1
    mana/end = 0.5
    sta/dex = 30
    AC/str/int/agi =15
  4. Cuuthbert Augur

When I look at augments
    Type 5 = HDEX aug
    Type 8 = I look at AC and HDEX so for example if there is an aug with (55 AC and 24HDEX) or an (80 AC and 17 HDEX) I take the 80 AC aug first. But in the raid game you don't dodge the rampage so AC seems to be king there.
    I did look at some HStam but the amount of HP I would gain is less than one hit from a mob in a raid zone. For the group game it could mean more. I look to max my DPS and I believe EQ is about the sum of small gains rather than looking for one big single gain. Decide what your play style is pick what stat best covers that stat and be is as good as you can at it. The great thing about the bard is there are so many ways to play the class.
    So for example there are 3 different opinions here on stats. All 3 are raiding bards and we probably all have a bit different style and I don't even for a second think the other bards are wrong. That is the beauty of the bard. There is not keybind set up that you too can raid <insert keybind class> and mash that one key over and over.