Bard song that pulls mob in?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Daedly, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

Couldn't find it yesterday and I am currently on my phone so it is hard to look through everything. Isn't there a bard song that pulls a single mob to the bard, or am I mistaken? If there is does anyone happen to know the name?
  2. Chorus Augur

used to be the first mez we get every level-up expansion, but I don't think the pull has been part of it for years now.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

Oratory of Invitation? and then there is also Oratory of Opposition to move it away from you.
  4. Skalde Elder

You could be thinking of lure of the siren song AA but the levels got nerfed on that long ago to be almost useless in modern content, but it groups mobs around you together kinda.
  5. Daedly Augur

Darn, thank you though
  6. ptah Augur

OK to enough posting a question without any info.. level content etc

Look at different options and tools the bard has.. but first lets look at what is being asked of said bard.

Is the content higher or lower level that bard?
    Which agro setting is it. direct social or assist agro?
    Is mezz an option or snare? or niether
    Has said bard studied the pathing of zone for mobs?

Is solo pulling a single a chain action or single and basic need?
    Does bard have a tag patner or a merc tank?

Define what you are really asking.. as in a spec question.. and the answer to the question will answer directly.

Different content different zones.. defferent levels.. bellow is ok.. click tash is ok.. mezz one to toggle other Is ok.. use the push pull songs or AA is ok.. must fun is a bellow and AE mezz.. but that is not OP general idea.. he wants singles.. so tapping fade if you must..

More details for 2.99 Guide to suck less.. on ebay.. next to your charcter selection tab.

Adventure well.
  7. Daedly Augur

What? My question was answered already... I am not going to sit here and try to say that I play my bard well, cause i doubt I do. However what about my question means that I suck?
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

He misunderstood your question, it is a language barriere thing. Pull vs pull in.
  9. svann Augur

I dont think its language. I asked him once what's his native language, because his posts always come out somewhat scrambled, and his response was "thats just how my thoughts are".
  10. ptah Augur

So yeah I suppose I came off as rude or whatever. And yes I am all over the place in thoughts and often fail to convey ideas to text.. in that area I'm 100% failure. Slowing down and proof reading would help me. Born to spazz out and no filter.. me or Trump?

My attempt at a small negative humor to place pressure on OP to get better was only that. A poor attempt at humor. From my point of view if OP wants or requests answers.. 30 secs to ask detail questions is his role. Often these answers can be found via a search or simple scroll down.

The lack of detail or passion for the class in question added a belief the end user was not interested in the truth or an answer that would help him. Its so subjective of what is going on in the content your in.. Some levels mezz 1 and assist/social agro works well.. other times the AA push blur works.. or simple snare and fade.

Best part of playing the bard is options and adjustments by the user. Be the bard you want to be, but without study, effort and passion you will never find anything more than basic levels of fun and adventure. The rewards are limitless imho and bards are the class for the scamble brain or lack of brain power. Sixth sense of bard player to adjust before it happens it mega stressful fun. Is it theory based only between my ears. maybe but that's how I think about my role to my team. Yes goats talk back and stare at me.

In order to help you, I request of you more detail so I understand 1) is my effort going to be matched by the OP 2) May I wasting my time assisting someone that is not going to use the info requested 3) I fear the troll on track

Have a great day and adventure well.
  11. Daedly Augur

If read my first post, I mentioned how I was on my phone which made it more difficult to search through spells. Not a matter if being lazy, just impatient since I was at work at the time.

Again, my question was already answered by someone, but I will indulge you...

My question was me searching for an ability or song that would pull the to the bard location. My intention in looking said effect was for mob positioning once it is in camp since I am limited in my ability to control what the tank merc does. I run mostly melee when boxing, so getting a mob where I want it and keeping it there would be a great asset to me.

Just in case what I said above was confusing.... let's say that my bard is standing on location X and the mob is standing on location Z where it is attacking my tank merc. Let's call the tank merc, Mel. What I was looking for was the ability to either activate an AA, Disc, or play a song that would pull the mob to or close to location X and hold it there.. With the intention that Mel would follow the mob and that location X is within melee range of stationary boxed characters.

My question had nothing to do with pulling mobs into camp, splitting, or mezzing them.

Still on my phone, so there are probably unforseen autocorrects which make me a bad player....
  12. Nniki Augur

Dissonant Chord (aggro lock) is great for repositioning single mobs as long as you can take a hit. Currently caps at L110 targets. Fade to drop aggro once target (and merc) is in position.
    Daedly likes this.
  13. Daedly Augur

Nice, never thought of that. Thank you very much.
  14. svann Augur

Not as good as a pull, but you can use sonic disturbance for a very small push. You can also use sonic displacement (or silent displacement) but it pushes pretty far so you probably wont use it unless there is a wall to backstop it.

edit: these last 2 make raid tanks angry so use at your own discretion :p
  15. Daedly Augur

Yeah, tried it a few times. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't sonic displacement used to move mobs further than it does now? I remember using it at level 100 as my main splitting tool in open area's.
  16. svann Augur

Yes they nerfed the distance somewhat. Now you have to be more careful with it. Try to use it (silent not sonic) on the one furthest from you.