bard song/clicky bugs/features?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by danathor, Mar 25, 2018.

1. danathor New Member

hi! im currently maining a bard (first time!) and love it. but there are a couple kinks that irritate me and i was lookin for some feedback.

1) when using a clicky while playing melody and it is approximately when one song cast is done, melody will stop.

2) sometimes songs are cast but do not land without any fail msg (e.g. out of range, resist, etc). for example, my charm will break and i will re-charm while both mobs are hitting on me, the cast completes but nothing happens. i setup a "you get stunned" audio trigger in case i was missing that but it sure isnt that.

3) sometimes ill start singing regen and sit down. after a while ill notice that no bard song is going in the song box but my spell bar is still greyed out like it is when playing a song.

4) somewhat related to 2) and 3), sometimes im farming greys and notice that my melody has stopped (no stun audio trigger) without doing anything else but running and meleeing (just AE snare in melody so not a target issue)

5) sometimes when using a clicky, i cannot cast anything else after (you havent recovered yet).

anyone else experience this? when does it happen? are there any workarounds?
  2. Derd Augur

Unless it's a insta cast clickie, I always stop singing before clicking.
  3. svann Augur

1. There is a bug that can cause melody to stop when you use a clickie - even if the click is instant cast. Its not all the time but enough to be annoying. I believe it happens when you click close to the end/start of a song.
    4. maybe you missed a note? Thats like a fizzle but for songs. Max your skill, and I think jam fest, instrument mastery, and singing master AA's help. Mastery of the past will prevent missed notes on old songs but there is a level limit so not much help.
    5. Another bug. It happens to other classes too. Fade usually clears it.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

New to barding, not my main. Just wanted to mention on point #4
    -As Svann points out, missed note will stop the song, if you're only playing one. /melody will just keep trying the same song after a missed note. **edit** For unattended skilling on a single song, I use /melody 1 1 to continually run a single song even with missed notes.
    -If any song in your melody requires a target, and you have none or invalid target when it starts to play (or in a zone where you can't cast it i.e. detrimental spells in PoK) the melody will stop. I think you get a message about requiring a target though.
  5. Nniki Augur

There is a bug where if you quickly double-click (or double-keypress) to activate a song, it will start, stop, and restart, but it will not land once the cast completes. I'm guessing that's what you're seeing here.
  6. danathor New Member

cool so i guess most stuff is covered as to why.
    anyone have any thought abt melody just turning off? right now im in a newbi area singing AE dot and my melody already stopped once while i was not doing anything. ill wait a bit longer to see if i/my cat wasnt accidentally touching the keyboard but im pretty sure my hands were off at the time.

also what about a song running (spell bar greyed) and the song icon poofing (i dont know if it was just the icon, i didnt check whether the stat window indicated whether effects were still going and it was just a bug with the song box)

edit: btw i have maxed skills/ IM/SM

edit2: i have forage, tracking and auto inventory bound to my movement keys..maybe something to do with that. ill keep my eyes peeled
  7. Nniki Augur

I don't believe any of those should interfere, but things like force-feeding/drinking and some aspect of looting (can't recall if it's the actual looting or the assignment from advanced loot) can also interrupt melody similar to using an instant clicky just before the next song begins.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Silver-Crow Augur

One oddity I've seen with clicky's (specifically epic 2.0) and melody, if i just click while a melody is playing your bar stays greyed out for a much longer time than is warranted then stops playing.

I've found that putting in a /stopsong before activating the epic 2.0 gets round that (i.e. your bar clears immediately the clicky is done), so your point 1 may be just that... a delay in your song bar clearing.