Bard Soloing Damage

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Mushachump, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Mushachump New Member

Hi, I'm thinking of bringing my bard back, and I need some suggestions.

Assuming my bard is 95, gold, and wearing VoA t1-t2'ish gear (with the 30 somethings mods) could someone help me decide on a melody setup? I'm debating going melee using my eternal songblade as haste, and runnning mostly the melee proc songs. The other option, which my friend had told me was better, was to run a bunch of DoTs since i have the instrument mods. I have abount 3000 AAs, including all my DoT and melee.

Could someone hook me up with a couple melodies, and which you think would be more damage? I'm running a hammer of the deep and ornate dreamstopper.
  2. JERUS Augur

If you're meleeing, your best loadout will be Aria, Warmarch, hykasts Song of Suffering, and Arcane address. The All skills damage modifier makes warmarch more than just a haste. IIRC song of suffering and arcane address are about 500-700dps each which beats our DoTs, and then aria is our bread and butter.

This will be the best personal dps as well as the best melee group loadout.

You could get tricky and put a DoT in as well but personally I stick with 4 song melodies as Aria is such a big factor and you don't want it to drop.
  3. JERUS Augur

If you're fighting from range of course DOTs are best.

(oops hit reply instead of edit )