Bard Questions

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Mexen, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Mexen New Member

So, I've come back and playing around with old toons and starting new ones.

I've always loved the bard class and with /melody I imagine they are quite abit easier. So my question is, what's a good box and whats a good merc through the levels?

Currently have a SK, Rog, ranger that I could box with in the 30's or so.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Sk and the merc depends on your level. Start with tank mercs at low levels, switch to caster/healer at level 60 or so.
  3. Ultrazen Augur

Bards have very little DPS themselves, and really are best in a full group because having their songs affect the most people is sort of what pays for their skill "budget". That being said, you can stick any class with a bard and it will be fine really. Ranger/Bard is pretty good, as if you are 2 boxing you need a class that has decent DPS. Ranger, Monk, Beastlord are all great with a bard as a 2 box.

One thing I will say about boxing a bard vs a chanter, is that the hard, long lasting CC of the chanter is much easier to deal with on a box team. Bards are a lot more fiddly when it comes to crowd control, and require more ongoing attention, this can make things more of a pain to deal with when you get into fights that require multiple CC. In general, you'll start out using the bard as a melody bot on follow, until you get up into the 80s or so, when the ranger will become the bot and you'll spend more of your time on the bard. Pulling with a bard is really fun, and really effective at a certain point.