Bard: Pulling / tagging question

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Rowlen, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Rowlen Journeyman

Dear fellow bards,
    what spell, AA, item do you use for tagging during split pulling? I used to use bellow, and banestrike during bellow recast for tagging, but no am unsure what to use instead. I initially pull with sonic disturb, but need to use some other spell / aa cause of recast of 12 / 15 seconds ?

Regards, rowlen
  2. Eggolas Augur

3. Bigfan Augur

There is many items that help with pulling, MANY.

Prox Aggro, Seb Singing Steel Arms, Dragon Horn, Tash stick from Plane of Shadow, Fennin Ro Bracer from Zordak..soo many

Can look in top two bags in my magelo if you wanna see some of the pulling tools.
  4. svann Augur

Staff of Viral Flux is great for pulling. Instant click debuff, no cooldown. Achievement for completing Tower of Rot.
    Axel likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

This guide is amazing and taught me to bard pull and is still relevant to modern EQ. I can heartily recommend it.

There really is nothing else in EQ like pulling a named through multiple rooms of mobs to your group.
  6. Rowlen Journeyman

Hi, thanks for the answers. I am not new to bard so I allready knew this great guide and use a lot of the practices there mentioned. But not used to all of em yet.
    Bard is 110 and pulling /splitting in RoS dungeons is really complicated, less space, large piles of mobs...

How do you pull nameds in RoS through multip. rooms?
    I can do it with assist agro and sonic displacement, but only if there is only one other mob near the named. In RoS often there are 3-5 mobs near named which all agro. Sonic displ. would result in 4 mobs, not only the named :/

And thats where I need a good tagging spell.
  7. Bigfan Augur

Silent displacement named, bring others to camp, deftdance, ae mez.

Don't forget swarm pets can be used as a pulling tool as well.
  8. Gnomereaper Augur

I use The Lady's Entreaty for Tash:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=111238

Drowsy Slow Click Instant

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=112396

Dreadstone Minstrel's Rapier

Otherwise Horn of Shadows from Vex Thall, but that is a 5 second click.

Depends on your needs and wants, I find the tash to be useful against resisty mobs. I'd probably recommend long tero get Dreadstone weapon, Lady's Entreaty, and Staff of Viral Flux for the ability to debuff different ways and slow fast.