Bard max mod on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brumans, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Brumans Augur

Anyone know what the bard instrument mod CAP is? Anyone know what it goes up to each expac, or have a link to that information?

Thanks!
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

use raidloot.com search bard expansion and what mod you are looking for.
  3. Brumans Augur

No no, sorry - I mean what is the mod CAP, not the highest mod you can find on an item.

I'll update my post to be more clear!
  4. Notafel Journeyman

Maximum possible modifier is 4.2

Base song (1.0) + (Relevant Resonance modifier / 10) + spell effects (i.e. Amplification/Harmonize) + AA Mastery Level / 5

For example my current singing mod is

Base (1.0) + Songblade of the Eternal (Singing Resonance 15)/10 + Shadowsong Cloak Harmonize (.9) + Instrument Mastery 4 (.8)

1.0 + 1.5 + .9 + .8 = 4.2

Playing Amplification has no effect on the song mod now, however prior to Gates of Discord giving us mastery level 4 AAs I had a 4.0 mod and playing amp would give me the last .2 I needed to max out the mod. Now it isn't necessary to play amplification to get the full singing mod.

Same is true for instruments. At some point they removed the Ayonae's Tutelage and Echo of Taelosia AAs that increased the mod caps (from 3.6 up to 4.2) and now they're just built in. From what I understand songs in later expansions will have scaling mod caps for Rank 2 and 3 songs (Rank 1 will retain the 4.2 cap).

Side note for instruments, presuming the bard has Instrument Mastery 4, you will cap out at a resonance value of 24.

1.0 + 2.4 + .8 = 4.2

One last side note, if you have any song in the form of a clicky item (Composers Greaves, Nature's Melody, etc) it will not be modified by any instrument mods you have on you. Quite depressing seeing selos from Ornate Greaves be slower than Spirit of Eagle.

Looks like it was reported in this patch thread but never have seen any other update on it. Posted to DGC issue tracker and /bug it every time I get a wild hair...
    Brumans and Jarith like this.
  5. Brumans Augur

Awesome! Thanks so much for laying it out so well. Had one follow up:

So we don't have rank songs yet, and I haven't played live in forever, but am I understanding it's like this:

4.2 in general is the cap. Anything over that is wasted.
    Later on you'll get different versions of songs. So:
    Rank 1 Song of Awesome: standard 4.2 cap, anything over is wasted
    Rank 2 Song of Awesome: now over 4.2, let's make up, say 4.5
    Rank 3 Song of Awesome: Now will work with up to 5.0 or something

That correct? We just don't know what the rank 2/3 caps are, or are they different as expansions go on?
  6. Gildor New Member

That's not a bug, or if it is, it's as old as EQ cause it's always been like iirc.
  7. Polekn Augur

That's not correct, all clickies in PoP and above, including Composer Greaves were affected by mod back in the era.
  8. Baldur Augur

And here is the ticket:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-849

Everyone should go vote for it.
  9. Notafel Journeyman

So looked a little more on this and found this post which goes into far greater detail than I did.

Checking Raidloot, which seems to have the SPA modifiers built in to song views shows that level 76 is the first level that starts having songs that increase their modifier cap with higher ranks with Zeixshi-Kar's Chant of Frost having the first one I see. Though today I learned there are some oddities earlier in the line up that have a cap half as high as normal, but seems to be mostly snare songs which aren't modified anyway.

Raidloot does display the cap without including the 1.0 amount for the base song, so when it says 320% it is the same as saying 100% + 320% = 420% or 4.2
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You are playing a very dangerous game asking DGC to do any changes that involve anything to do with bard spellcasting / song scaling. Like seriously, it's not worth potentially breaking your class for 2-4 weeks so that you can click your pants.
    Machentoo likes this.
  11. mackal Augur

I don't think there is an actual hardcap on songs anymore, instead it's in the spell data. (most have 320 song cap resulting in 4.2 song mod)

They seem to have removed song mods applying to clickies now :( SoB used to be so awesome!
  12. Machentoo Augur

This, and 2-4 weeks is optimistic.