[Bard] - How much spell damage % can they add and would it work with my current 3box team?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by zizboxer, Jan 2, 2014.

1. zizboxer New Member

Greeting everyone. I just came back from a long break and I started a 3 box crew of Enchanter/Druid/Wizard with tank/healer/melee mercs. I am currently level 69/69/68 with about 100AA on each toon. The enchanter charms and nukes, the druid nukes, the wizard nukes.

I would like to know if afk boxing a bard would be worth it.
    -How much exp will I lose switching to a 4th toon over a merc?
    -Is the mana regen that good? The last time I played a bard was pre PoP.
    -How much % spell damage bonus can I get and do multiple spells stack?
    -Are there any other benefits besides these two and faster runspeed (he will only be twisting songs).
  2. Tutmir Journeyman

-How much exp will I lose switching to a 4th toon over a merc?
    You will gain a very small xp bonus by having a 4th real toon in the group instead of a merc.
    -Is the mana regen that good? The last time I played a bard was pre PoP.
    yes, its as good if not better than an enchanters except that it is limited to the bard keeping his songs running
    -How much % spell damage bonus can I get and do multiple spells stack?
    with Wizards being your only dps and having an enchanter in your going to want to run aria/fatesong(cold)/gosiks(fire)/ pulse of slara / spry sonata and mana/health aura.

All together these give you:
    (pulse)
    1: Increase Healing by 10%
    9: Increase Hitpoints by 144 per tick
    10: Increase Mana by 95 per tick
    11: Increase Endurance by 14 per tick
    (fatesong)
    1: Additional Damage to (DD COLD) Spells (1870)
    (goskis)
    1: Additional Damage to (DD FIRE) Spells (1348)
    (aria)
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 42%
    2: Increase Haste v3 by 25%
    10: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 39%
    11: Flurry Chance (6%)
    12: Pet Flurry Chance (33)
    (spry sonata)
    1: Increase Absorb Magic Damage by 10
    2: Increase AC by 81
    3: Mitigate Damage Shield (-97%)
    4: Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 15%
    (aura)
    1: Increase Hitpoints by 520
    2: Increase Mana by 128
    3: Increase Endurance by 15

-Are there any other benefits besides these two and faster runspeed (he will only be twisting songs).
    Not really if that's all he's going to do. Bards are amazing pullers but If you are intending to only use him for a melody box I'd say look elsewhere. The 2 classes bards don't really want to see in the same sandbox are enchanters and wizards and you've got both of them :p

Of all the merc's in the game the tank merc has got to be the worst. You can get the pulling and tanking ability with an SK added to that comp and would probably do quite well. Honestly if I were you I'd give the druid the boot and bring an SK into that mix. your running a healer merc already and you have ports on the wizard, so other than debuffs, spot healing named and mediocre nukes what does the druid do? Another class that might fit well is a mage, giving you coth more dps and a pet that can tank for you allowing you to run 2 caster 1 healer merc. Just my 2c
  3. zizboxer New Member

The druid and enchanter spam nukes all day. I have been wanting to replace the druid and thought about an SK but I keep reading about how I need to AC aug farm, get raid loot, and have 5k AA to be useful. When will a SK be better than a merc?
  4. Tutmir Journeyman

As that you are not already 100 on all your other toons, leveling up an SK to your level wont be a problem, nor will getting AA's on him as you go. Stop at each level and max out his defensive's and then just prioritize camping augs for him over getting them for your other toons, his gear and AA's will dictate what content you can handle. In a few months we will be getting anniversary stuff again and there is a ton of nice twink items you can grab for him if you are still in that range.

IMO you don't even need to start thinking seriously about augs until 85ish when you can start killing the UF aug droppers as some of those will still be useful up to 100 but anything prior to that is really a waste of time. 5k aa is right when knights really start to shine, but that is at 95-100, if you stop at 85 and get 2500 on all of your toons and then continue on from there and keep maxing your defensive's as you level you should be able to handle anything.
  5. zizboxer New Member

How is the DPS of a SK? Right now my druid does pretty nice dps by spamming nukes all day.
  6. Tutmir Journeyman

Not an amazing amount, more than a pally or a warrior tho. And an extra wizzy merc + SK will always beat out a druid + Tank merc imo. At 100 wizzy mercs are like 15-20k dps on balanced and 25kish on burn, druids can burn up in the 50's with raid gear but they go oom really fast doing it. In my experience their sustained seems to be in the 25-30k range in if they are not being boxed. With an SK you get: a solid tank, a puller, minor group heals, not a warrior so your enchanter will be useful to him with twincast aura, and FD for wipe protection.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

SK in group gear can easily (I am using that term relatively loosely) sustain 9 to 10 with 1hander or 12 to 15 with 2hander + a bard ... Don't Forget Mana Resurgence aura is nice too!!!!!

Druids can burn for more then 50 on a short fight (Ie a named in group content) without raid gear... But it requires alot of effort/knowhow