(bard) how do i help my raid friends

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by ptah, Aug 23, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

OK OK.. so 110 raiding bard.
    Normal run is
    aria
    insult
    suffer
    haste
    melody
    insult
    xx optional
    alliance if we get x3 bards or more

Of couse FE EQ epic etc.. 50 50 mix of second and third spire// love me some shouts
    kk that my stuff.

What I don't understand is the bstx2 and rangers common to see x7 of them.. are not parsing well at all. I watch 1 ranger run thru mana like a at the docks.. and 2 others simply not drop sub 70%. what am I missing here.. I want to help them but I don't know the class so I ask for help.

Now I get it MA got duties.. but most of the time we see groups like this..
    ranger ranger shaman bst bard maybe a zerk or rogue or monk
    x3

how is it that bards are matching or beating the rangers.. the run list we often see is casters..
    wiz mage mage chanter zerk then a hot mess of bst, bards rangers etc

I just want to help my ranger buddies out some; any suggests will help OP is non ranger so dumb it down for me please
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Axel Furry Hats OP

Tell them to visit these forums, there's guides for every class, tips, tricks, etc.

Time on target is something that helps people parse better (gotta hit the mob, etc)

Paying attention and actually casting is a huge part of ranger/bst/all caster's DPS.

If they are asking for help, refer them to a guide. If you feel like they don't care, then there's nothing you can do to actually make them do better. Some people are just bad at the game and there's not much you can do to help them because they won't listen.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  3. Sancus Augur

You might find this useful. I maintain this list for one of the guilds I'm in. I'm certainly not saying all of these are perfect, but hopefully it's a good place to start:

Bard:
    Beastlord:
    Berserker:
    Cleric:
    Druid:
    Enchanter
    Magician:
    Monk:
    Necromancer:
    Paladin:
    Ranger:
    Rogue:
    Shadowknight:
    Shaman:
    Warrior:
    Wizard
  4. ptah Augur

tx sancus tons of info
  5. Tankks New Member

Bards alliance is what like 6 sec refresh? If you can nail that down-op lol
  6. smash Augur

You not necessarily the one to blame. Try to get one of the hardhitters into your group and see if keeps up or drops like a stone.
    If keeps up then you not to blame. If drops down then you might be to blame, does he dies more than normal then that might explain it.

At the end, do not be afraid of some feedback.

You might have been placed in d or e group, the groups that under perform.
  7. ptah Augur

I like to focus on sharing info and improvement. This not placing blame on x player.. I focus on improvement, each player, each group and overall raid event. We are only attacking mobs and not players here.

When we have 3 bards we generally have Alliance on lockdown. IE OT we have bard01 on surreals, bard02 on sprite, and bard03 on big RED. Dirge is rot mostly for big red but we do use on adds if fall behind and RL requests a peak burn on adds.. we bards view the event as burn on adds mostly.. as it hard to keep the window open for any damage on red if slack 1% on adds.
  8. Denver New Member

Sancus:

Bard link does not work (404 Page not found) Can you assist please?

Thank you!
  9. Sancus Augur

10. Aldryn Another New Member

Sancus likes this.
  11. Wuddane Elder

Sancus likes this.