Bard help. 83 Bard on Vulak

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Legionarius - Xegony, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

Hello all. I started playing on Vulak because there's no one there at all and i like that. I am playing a Rogue and Bard, both of which are level 83. First of all, I will say that I had never played a bard before this and I am very impressed. I am the ultimate puller and support. I have adapted and feel as though i do pretty good with my Bard but there are a few things that I am wondering.

1) Do Bards get an AOE mez? If so, what spells should i be looking for? I can't seem to find any.
    2) Why does it keep saying "your song ends." every time i try to charm something?
    3) Why does it seem like some songs don't work, like the melee mitigation ones. They just say your song ends. I have a feeling i'm doing something wrong but i can't put my finger on it.
  2. svann Augur

1) at L85 you get wave of slumber
    2-3) Im not sure what you mean. Whenever you stop one song and start another it will say your song ends. Even during a melody it will say that in between each song. Are you saying charm and melee mitigation arent working? There are level limits to charm songs. Yowl of the bloodmoon only goes up to L78 mobs. I cant think why mitigation wouldnt work. What song do you mean?
  3. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

When i get home i'll test it out and post back.
  4. Nniki Augur

Songs that cost mana end after being cast.
  5. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

I'm casting Voice of the Mindshear and it just says your song ends every time.
  6. Derd Augur

75 range on voice also level dependent I think up to level 80 mob. Must be in range when you start and finish cast.
  7. Nniki Augur

There are many reasons why this could be besides the fact that every time a charm song (or any song that costs mana) plays, after attempting to apply its effect, it will end with the text "Your song ends." (rather than pulsing like songs that do not cost mana)

If your Wind Instruments skill is lacking, you will see the following text to indicate you fizzled your song:

You miss a note, bringing your song to a close!
    Your song ends.

If you are in a non-combat zone, you will see this text:

You cannot cast detrimental spells here.
    Your song ends.

If your target resists your charm song, you will see this text:

Your target resisted the Voice of the Mindshear spell.
    Your song ends.

If you successfully charm your target, you will see this text with Voice of the Mindshear:

______ has succumbed to the mindshear's call.
    Your song ends.

If you are trying to charm an NPC that is immune to charm effects, you will see this text:

This NPC cannot be charmed.
    Your song ends.

If you are trying to charm an NPC that is too high of a level to be charmed by Voice of the Mindshear, you will see this text:

Your target is too high of a level for your charm spell.
    Your song ends.

If you already have a pet and try to charm another NPC, you will see this text:

You cannot have more than one pet at a time.
    Your song ends.

If you already charmed an NPC and try to cast charm on it again while it is still charmed, you will see this text:

You cannot cast this spell on your pet.
    Your song ends.

If you try to cast the charm song on yourself or another player, you will see this text:

That spell can not affect this target PC.
    Your song ends.

If you try to cast the charm song on a player's pet or an NPC's pet, you will see this text:

This NPC cannot be charmed.
    Your song ends.

If you try to cast the charm song on a non-aggroable NPC, you will see this text:

You cannot cast Voice of the Mindshear on ______.
    Your song ends.

If you don't have enough mana to play the charm song, it will not even start to cast and instead will give you this text:

Insufficient Mana to cast this spell!

If you don't have a target selected to play the charm song, it will not even start to cast and instead will give you this text:

You must first select a target for this spell!

If your target is not in line of sight, the song will not even start to cast and instead will give you this text:

You cannot see your target.

If your target is too far away, the song will not even start to cast and instead will give you this text:

Your target is out of range, get closer!

If you begin casting your charm song in range of your target and then get out of range, you will see this text:

Your target is out of range, get closer!
    Your song ends.
    Your song ends.

(for some reason, the ending text is displayed twice)

Hopefully one of those helps explain your situation; if not, you'll have to be more specific about your scenario.
    svann likes this.
  8. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

Thank you for the help. I figured it out. Apparently my wind instrument skill was 71. o_O
    Nniki likes this.
  9. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

Thank you for your very thorough response Niniki. Sorry the fix was that it was just me being stupid. :(