Bard haste

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Miffin, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Miffin New Member

Hey all,

I’m new to the Bard class. Just leveled up to 65 today. I am trying to wrap my head around haste and having a good song lineup.

Please correct me if I am wrong:
    There are 3 types of haste - worn (v1), spell/song haste (v2) and overhaste (v3)

There are also haste caps (not sure what they are) which is a combo of v1 & v2. In the event that these two don’t max out haste a bards v2 song can help bring it to the max, so in theory this version does somewhat stack with enc/shm spell haste? And from that point bards overhaste stacks on top of that.

I am boxing a 70 war/bst and 65 zerker/brd. If my group has casted haste on them should I only be playing the bards v3 overhaste song? Or can I do v2 & v3? I am mostly using the bard right now to melody and it seems 4 songs are the max right now without anything dropping off. I’ve been doing slow, comp of ervaj, war song of zek & song of the storm. Does this sound right?

I hope this thread is making sense.
  2. Randomized Augur

This is correct.

v1 and v2 stack together for 100% haste. Bard overhaste pushes it past that (not sure what the max overhaste is either). In the event that v1 and v2 don’t max out, overhaste from bard will continue to finish out that 100% and then the remainder will go into overhaste. If v1 and v2 are maxed out, then straight overhaste to the breakpoint :)
  3. bobokatt Augur

Yar with worn and spell haste you can get to 100 max. In the group game with bard's aura or aria from what I remember you can get to 125 (or 225 really the way EQ show it, 100 being base, add 100 for spell and worn and then 25 over haste from bard song)
    There are also items like Ancient Cloak of Flames that gives you a V3 overhaste so if you do NOT have a bard in the group, an item like that can provide a 17% overhaste for a total of 117 or 217 as EQ shows it.
  4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Aria and aura stack for flurry and triple attack iirc, and war march and symphony of battle are good for attack even if you have haste already. I end up providing 2x25% overhaste and 2x60% song haste that are redundant with themselves and the shaman haste and shaman aura I typically have just for the fringe benefits they all provide.
  5. Trebla7th Augur

This is not entirely correct. There are four types of haste.

Worn haste, v1 haste, v2 haste, and v3 haste.

Worn haste is as you understand it.

v1 haste is almost every haste spell/song in the game. E.g,
    Warsong of Zek BRD/62
    1: Increase Attack Speed by 60%

v2 haste is exclusively the "Ervaj" line of haste songs that Bards got during Velious/Luclin (I believe). E.g.,
    Composition of Ervaj BRD/60
    1: Increase Haste v2 by 10%

v3 haste is generally referred to as "Overhaste" and breaks the standard haste cap. E.g.,
    Rizlona's Call of Flame BRD/64
    1: Increase Spell Damage (Before DoT Crit) by 1% to 15%
    2: Increase Haste v3 by 25%

Do NOT confuse the spell type v2 with haste v2. Spells of type v2 just means that the spell can be cast on a group other than the caster's group (which never applies to bards, so you can ignore it) using targetGroupBuff. E.g.
    Vallon's Quickening ENC/65
    2: Increase AGI by 52
    3: Increase DEX by 33
    4: Increase ATK by 41
    5:Increase Attack Speed by 68%
    Alteration
    Group v2

"Group v2" is NOT the type of haste... the type of haste is shown on line 5 of the spell dat in this example (and in this example, it's absent, which indicates v1)

Worn + v1 + v2 will stack to the normal cap of 100%. For most people, Worn + v1 will easily put you at this cap, so v2 haste does nothing and is ignored for pretty much everything.

Edit: formatting
  6. Chorus Augur

total cap is 125%. There is an overhaste song that is 30% in the level 50's or 60's somewhere, but it doesn't push to 130%. It just gives you a bit of breathing room if worn + spell haste is less than 100%.
  7. Szilent Augur

8. Nniki Augur

He's actually likely thinking back to when they were originally all set to 30% despite the hard cap being 25%. Newer ones started being set to 25%, beginning with Aria of the Artist I believe. There was a period of time when some were still 30% while newer ones were 25%, but I believe they've all been corrected now.
    Jennre, Merika and code-zero like this.