Bard Harmonize vs Amplification.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Imukai, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Imukai Augur

Ok.. been trying to crunch some numbers and verify info tossed about for the Harmonize AA from the Shei Cloak. If anyone can check me and tell me where I am wrong please.

Harmonize: +0.9 to singing?
    Amplification: also +0.9 to singing?

Lv 60 epic bard with Singing Mastery 3 AA. Using Psalm of Mystic Shielding and looking at MR.

Base MR before song is 62.

Without Harmonize AA, no Amplification, MR to 229.
    Without Harmonize AA, but with Amplification on, MR to 355.
    With Harmonize AA, but without Amplification, MR to 292.
    Both Harmonize + Amp = 355.

Shouldn't Harmonize be equivalent to an Amp?
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Didnt look at your numbers but remember that clicks dont focus.
  3. Imukai Augur

Psalm isn't a click. Thanks tho.
  4. Nniki Augur

You're seeing the result of Amplification being modified. Amplification will even modify itself. There was a bug reported here.

If you did not have SM3 & Epic (nor Harmonize active) when you used Amplification, you would get the matching results you're expecting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modifier (Singing)
    = Worn Modifier + Singing Mastery + Harmonize + Amplification

Worn Modifier (SPA 413 = Fc_BaseEffects)
    = MAX(Performance Resonance, Singing Resonance)

Performance Resonance 8 (Singing Short Sword)
    = 8 / 10
    = 0.8

Singing Mastery (SPA 260)
    = MIN(Rank, 4) * 0.2
    = 0.6 @Rk3

Harmonize (SPA 118)
    = 9 / 10
    = 0.9

Amplification (SPA 118)
    = (2 + MIN(FLOOR(level / 8), 28)) / 10 * (1 + MIN(Modifier, 3.2))
    = 0.9 * (1 + MIN(Modifier, 3.2)) @L60

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic and SM3 @L60

Modifier (Singing)
    = Worn Modifier + Singing Mastery
    = 0.8 + 0.6
    = 1.4

Amplification
    = 0.9 * (1 + 1.4)
    = 0.9 * 2.4
    = 2.16

Modifier (Singing)

= Worn Modifier + Singing Mastery + Amplification
    = 0.8 + 0.6 + 2.16
    = 3.56

= Worn Modifier + Singing Mastery + Harmonize
    = 0.8 + 0.6 + 0.9
    = 2.3

Calculated Magic Resist

Magic Resist (Psalm of Mystic Shielding)
    = (10 + level) * (1 + MIN(Modifier, 3.2))
    = 70 * (1 + MIN(Modifier, 3.2)) @L60

Epic and SM3 @L60

= 70 * (1 + 1.4)
    = 70 * 2.4
    = 168

Epic, SM3, and Amplification @L60

= 70 * (1 + 3.2)
    = 70 * 4.2
    = 294

Epic, SM3, and Harmonize @L60

= 70 * (1 + 2.3)
    = 70 * 3.3
    = 231

Off-by-one errors in calculation somewhere...

Your Magic Resist

Epic and SM3 @L60

229 - 62 = 167

Epic, SM3, and Amplification @L60

355 - 62 = 293

Epic, SM3, and Harmonize @L60

292 - 62 = 230
    Imukai likes this.
  5. Imukai Augur

I love math, especially when things line up -- rounding errors aside. Thank you for that.

I know you've been able to "amplify amplification" for a while now -- even on Agnarr 2 years ago I was doing it to boost the wis/int song, but I didn't consider it a bug, just thought it was a game mechanic if you wanted to take the time to double-up (or triple?) on amp.

My concern came when I got this godly cloak that everyone seems to drool over and "expected" it to have the same results as a single Amp without the need of singing it anymore. I was, as noted, incorrect in that assumption. In this case Svann2 was sorta right above -- clicks (in this case the Amp AA from the clicked cloak..) is not focused but the sung Amp is.

Whether that is a true bug or not I guess the devs will decide. It would be nice if I didn't have to sing amp to reach the cap though.
    Nniki likes this.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

I was under the impression that amplification was always a higher percentage than harmonize (like twice the strength). Fairly certain that it was stated as such in whatever patch notes that introduced harmonize as an aa once the item was clicked.
  7. Nniki Augur

No mention of that in the August 16, 2017 game update notes where the change occurred:
    However, being the effect gets modded in addition to its level scaling formula, it's pretty much ensured to be stronger by the time a bard can acquire and use the Shei cloak.

I also forgot, with that patch, they added this line to the Amplification song:

2: Inhibit Effect: Singing Amplification (AA)

I haven't tested it, but it should make it so the Amplification song and the item AA don't stack.