Bard Guide?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Croaksputin, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Croaksputin Journeyman

Hey, I've looked through the forums, discord, interwebs, and everything is so outdated. Is there a good up to date bard guide for starting a bard from lvl 1?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3. Croaksputin Journeyman

Well, that kinda stinks. LOL
    Thanks for reply Skuz
  4. code-zero Augur

It's not complicated to start from 1, get a J Merc, keep your best hastes, AC and DS songs up and on it and you'll go a long way.

If you are somewhere that doesn't have Mercs play the same songs but add mana regen.
  5. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Step 1: /melody

Step 2: Alt tab back to your main
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. Shakara Augur

Is there anything specific you want to know or are you just looking for general advice?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Basic Bard stuff from the perspective of a player who boxed one for 5+ years

Create Macros for AA abilities - eventually you will want to have several AA on each of these hotkeys, what I did was assign AA abilities with "similar" timers on them ending up at level 115 with 5 hotkeys for AA abilities labelled with the typical cooldown times of the abilities macroed to those keys 5m 12m etc

When it comes to having an increased number of song gems and you have AA which extend duration of songs etc. you will get into more "Math Bard" territory for your /melody arrangements.

A great guide that I used as a platform is found here - http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=3384.0

I've returned to that guide many times when tweaking the setups I used as it has so much information & guidance that even if you deviate from teh suggestions you will have learned a massive amount in the process.

When it comes to other Bard playstyle tips for a main Bard you are better off asking situational / scenario style questions if you want specific tips otherwise you will largely figure out a lot of stuff just by playing.

Pulling situations/tactics/techniques
    Charming
    Mezzing
    Kiting
    High-Sun uses

etc.

And reading the song descriptions, AA descriptions etc will inform you a LOT about what you can use them for, but experimentation is something every Bard has to get to grips with to gain mastery of the class, and that's where fading memories is a key learning tool allowing you to try so many different things without getting yourself killed.
    Airguitar and code-zero like this.
  9. Razorfall Augur

I feel personally attacked :p

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]