Bard Fading Memory Questions

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by GamerDad, Mar 3, 2021.

1. GamerDad New Member

So how does Fading Memory work now? Just played tonight after many years and I thought my FM hot key was broken when I couldn't fade light blue mobs. I read something about it become lvl capped? My bard is lvl 82
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Works fine for me. I just now faded yellow, white and dark blue mobs in DN on my 115 bard hunting for collects.

You might describe more in detail what you were doing, how close the mobs were when fading, if you were dotting said mobs, etc. Fading memory doesn't prevent re-aggro ... it just drops it for an instant.

The only other thing is that the first rank of the aa only works to level 75 mobs. If you are 82 and haven't purchased higher ranks, then level 76 mobs will not be affected by your FM.
    code-zero and GamerDad like this.
  3. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

What server are you on?

Also, Fading Memories 1 - LVL 75 and below - 12% mana cost (lvl 63 AA - POP)
    Fading Memories 2 - Mobs 5 levels above you. 6% mana cost (lvl 72 AA - TSS)
    Fading Memories 3 - Mobs 5 levels above you. 2% mana cost (lvl 80 AA - Underfoot)

My guess, is that you're on Ragefire or some other TLP that has not autogranted TSS level AA's yet.
    code-zero and GamerDad like this.
  4. GamerDad New Member

Ah, this must be it. I must have only rank 1 of FM. I am silver and don't have auto grant. Just poking around on Live server and haven't decided to resubscribe yet.
  5. Ourok New Member

FM also does not conceal you from undead / see invis mobs, depending on where you are going / what you're doing that has caused me a few deaths at lower levels.