Bard Epic 1.0 Problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alena, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Alena Elder

I am at the step for killing Trakanon, wait until Undead Bard spawns, give him the "Mystical Lute Body" and spawn triggered Trakanon to get the last part, the "Gut String".

Despite Undead Bard is up in Sebilis, it is now level 108 and even with that level it does not accept the "Mystical Lute Body" to spawn a triggered Trakanon.

Agent of Change spawns the instance but only with a normal Trakanon, who does not drop the Gut String.

Waiting for around a day to get "Undead Bard" in this instance to spawn results in closing the instance from server side.

How shall I do the Epic 1.0 as long as the Hardcore Heritage is active? Is there any other means to get the Gut String?

P.S.: its not classic server, it is on live server, so Undead Bard is still active and normal Trakanon does not drop the Gut String. I have killed Trakanon and a day after - stupid accident - the zone went Hardcore Heritage.
    Dre. likes this.
  2. Owl56 Elder

Hardcore Heritage messes with a few 1.0 epics. You will just need to wait for the even to be over.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  3. Chaffe Journeyman

Would the AoC version of Seb get you what you needed possibly?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This was covered already and the answer is no because of the conditions to spawn the undead bard can't be met with an AoC.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would actually petition. In the past I have gotten assistance with Epic 1.0 when HH messed with an epic.
  6. Oberan Elder

Pretty sure they changed the AoC version of Trakanon to drop the gut string.. It was that way on phinigel at least
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I know we got gut strings from AoC Trak during my brief stint on Thornblade, but it's hard to say what changes from TLP to live
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I believe Trak only drops the guts on TLP servers.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Petition, say pretty please with pizza!
    you might be suprised ... GM's are nice :) See what happens!
  10. Chaffe Journeyman

Ahh yeah I did not see that paragraph. Tis a shame.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Very annoying.

Another way to do this could be if the AoC spawned UDB upon death of Trakanon, or maybe just change UDB to be non-agro until the hand-in so that Trak won't kill it (there are at least a few other epic mobs that should be like this, Lhranc for example)

I would also love it if the Harbinger of Flame could spawn Eldrig the Old.
  12. Jedis Arch Mage

Trak drops the guts every kill in the non instanced and instanced AoC version of the zone on Agnarr. But we're locked at PoP/LDON. It's possible they changed that behavior later on, which might explain why you can't get the guts.