Bard DPS increase required..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Brohg Augur

Ultrazen, have you met my friend Alliance of Sticks and Stones? Alliance of Sticks and Stones, this is Ultrazen. I bet you two have just a ton to talk about, I'll leave you to it.
  2. flash000 Augur

3. Fohpo Augur

What about the possibility of an AA that allows for some of our DPS songs to refresh the duration of buff songs? So while there is a ramp up time, the insult line could cause our haste/focus lines to be extended in duration. Effectively, once we got those up we could then twist damage with proc songs.
    Kohnn and Dre. like this.
  4. Derd Augur

Just a bump in our melee hits, make up a little of the dps gap. Then a new dps song or two next expansion.
  5. Brohg Augur

oo, I like it. I like it a LOT. It should be focus AA, that makes detrimental single-target songs (so, nukes, but also dots, slow, snare, mez, charm) add a tick to Caster Group (i.e. not-Choruses) beneficial songs with no counters (since that would be useless anyhow).

Sounds like a substantial technical challenge for EQ's programmers.

Sounds like a fabulous improvement to active Barding
    flash000 likes this.
  6. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Zerkers need to be nerfed, 4reelz. sustained dps of 900k is stupid compared to other dps classes.
  7. flash000 Augur

i like this concept but with the addition that the group effect songs for the bard should have more benefit to the bard. Some ideas better damage on the procs increase the self benefit to buff effects and damage effects and rune effects, increased proc rate mod added to the haste warsong line.
  8. Brohg Augur

This bit would actually be easy. Just add a line "cast Jonthan" to the War March line. Or split off the beneficial extras of Jonthan to be cast as a second buff. Probably best.

But that's not an actual alteration to reward active Barding. It's just a numerical boost to dps.
  9. Tevik Augur

The Arcane line already does this. The proc is modified by instrument mods.
  10. Fohpo Augur

He was talking about modifying the bards proc to do additional damage, pretty sure instruments affect everyone's proc. Either way, something along the lines of what I suggested or what others have said is unique, fits the class, and benefits mains more so than AFK bard boxes.
  11. Brohg Augur

They do not.
  12. Fohpo Augur

Learn something new, regardless, I'd like to see the thread continue in the direction of trying to see the class improved. There are certainly enough threads going about nerfs and class saltiness. The recent posts in the monk thread along with the comments about why some people believe Devs won't respond warrant some merit.
  13. flash000 Augur

Regarding dev team responding to threads about class improvements...[IMG]

a web cookie to whoever can match a monkey to a dev member....
  14. Brohg Augur

Yes, that's right. EverQuest game developers rendered INSENSATE by the volume of cash money coming at them. Totally how this works.
    fransisco likes this.
  15. Fohpo Augur

Exactly why they don't respond here though. Posts like that are toxic and don't offer any constructive commentary, even if it's just in jest.
  16. Hellboy007 Augur

committing my bard to box status until they make them worthy of a dedicated real player.
    Coronay likes this.
  17. flash000 Augur

Can a class rep for us approach them and get some feedback? This ignore the problem and it will go away mentality is kind of frustrating.
  18. Fohpo Augur

I'm not 100% convinced they're ignoring the problem, it's just the forums have acted like a bunch of entitle children and approaching that can often produce more negativity than anything constructive. It would be nice if they contacted someone, but who knows.
    Brohg likes this.
  19. flash000 Augur

id be happy with a simple yes we are working on it... we will fix the dps in next expansion....
    I know they are time crunched with limited people left. I think we all just want to know they arent just ignoring the issue like they have been.

It seriously getting ridiculous how bad our dps is.
  20. Fohpo Augur

Wait for the mez adds on Atrebe for the sick deeps...