Bard double invisibility

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Grove, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Grove Augur

For me this gossip needs confirmation or correction. I heard in passing that Bards can cast regular and undead invisibility on both themselves and their group. I heard in passing that this double invisibility is granted through an AA.

Ok, so we have the low level straight invisibility song, self only. Ok, so we have the invisibly song that does that and levitation too for self and group.

I read through all the AAs, those I have and those for the future, looking for double invisibility, finding nothing. (My current level is 99.)

Is the double invisibility a fiction? Have I overlooked it? If it is there, is it for group too?
  2. Eggolas Augur

From raidloot:

Cast: Shauri's Sonorous Clouding III
    This ability, when activated, triggers Shauri's Deathly Clouding I, Shauri's Levitation, grants all group members within a 100 foot radius standard invisibility, and grants the ability to see standard invisibility for up to 10 minutes.
    Shauri's Deathly Clouding I grants your group invisibility to most undead creatures.
    Shauri's Levitation grants your group levitation for 10 minutes.

Level 110 AA.
  3. svann Augur

Best thing since sliced bread.
    Elyssanda, Cuuthbert and Funky like this.
  4. Derd Augur

And yes its group, but make sure everyone knows your using it. Certain classes used to self invising seem to cause it to fail , leading to some awkward deaths ;)
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

6. ibc93 Elder

In Luclin, bards can do group invis & ivu too. Vex Thal earring has a LONG cast ivu. And of course selo's song of travel or shauri's for group invis. Tiny cloak of darkest night for quick self invis.
  7. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Been awhile since I played with the Bone Earring of Evasion, but it isn't a group cast, is it? That cast time is brutal, which made me see Potion of Unlife Awareness as much more viable, since they offer insta-cast IVU vs. 15 seconds for the VT ear.

Not sure how you would double invis yourself though. Are you able to have both up at the same time solo?

Shauri's Sonorous Clouding III is instant cast group lev, standard invis, see invis, IVU with a recast of 9 seconds. Think the base is 10 minutes for all of the above and 20 minutes with some extension AAs.
  8. ibc93 Elder

Yeah the ivu earring can be casted on others afaik. But 15 seconds per is very long. Can't have both ivu & normal invis simultaneously on yourself in Luclin or prior expansions.
  9. Bobokin Augur

So basically Bards now have the ability to do what only Rogues could before and for the whole group.

That 18 second Rogue group stealth sure looks weak now.
    lockjaws likes this.
  10. Szilent Augur

no.

Bards can do what any two cooperating casters can do with regular invises, and have been able to do for decades

the rogue ability which was invented last year does something different, applying Shroud of Stealth to the group
    Wulfhere likes this.
  11. Bobokin Augur

So yes.

Up to this point, the rogue was the only single player that could provide regular invis and invis to undead at the same time through the shared SoS aa.

I think it is great for bards but not so great for rogues.
    lockjaws likes this.
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

SoS (and its Shared version) is not just combined invis and ivu, it is a superior version of both.

And Bards received their double invis at the same time as Rogues' shared SoS, so there is no "up to this point." (i.e. they were both added in RoS)
  13. josh Augur

Not true mages can do it by summoning a worlu's windcloak and handing it out, and that was way back in CoTF. All these rogues and bards stealing the mages role, buncha jerks. /s

EDIT: i think the spell was first in SoF after actually looking it up
  14. Szilent Augur

up to what point? bard AA is level 100, a CotF ability

Rog Shared Stealth is Ring of Scale, 4 expansions later

so... congrats on Pick Pocketing a Bard ability?
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

?

Rank 3 of Clouding is from RoS … rank 2 is just reg invis and lev … as mentioned above.

The bigger thing is this is I believe the first instance of any class getting an invisibility (either regular or undead) that was not granted to the class via spell/song pre-PoP. Bard have certainly never had undead invisibility before the third rank of this aa.

Not sure if this is just a blatant mistake by devs or if their rigid stance on giving classes differing forms of invisibility has softened.
    lockjaws likes this.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

A bard has always been able to juggle songs/spells, useitem, abilities, and AA better then any other class without interruption. However, I don't believe the right combination existed prior to VoA (2011) for this particular trick.
  17. Wulfhere Augur

Maybe so, tho I think any bard worth their salt has had the VT earring for ages and especially to double invis since 2011 (VoA introduced Shauri's AA). Assuming the Devs know this (from data) then Shauri's Deathly Clouding is merely a quality of life gift to bards.
  18. Szilent Augur

Mag IVU