Bard Dicho Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Ghubuk Augur

It's the endurance cost that makes it not worth it because it takes forever to get endurance back.
  2. Vdidar Augur

Well you will have to let me know because I am not spending any more money supporting crappy expansions.
  3. Frakius New Member

Well Bard Dicho is still terrible, just logged on and had a play on my bard with wiz, and the numbers are about what you would expect in a expansion about 6 7 years ago, the increase in DPS or mana is meaningless really. It's still using about 7% of my bards endurance per cast too, and we all know how good bards are at regaining resources.
  4. Wizdons Augur

All i can say is its at least better than Crecendo..

Far from a super song that dicho spells were suppose to be.

ADPS is still really low. HEM return still pretty low too.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

The endurance cost makes it far worse than crescendo in my mind.
  6. Wizdons Augur

you can cast it for at least 20min..

24000 vs 48000 Mana
    0 vs 3.6M damage
    Cast every 45s vs cast every 60s (27 melody stops vs 20)

what else does a bard use end for?

I think we are still so spoiled by both the brokenness of the mana return and the fact that this song never took the original end cost to begin with.

Though i wont disagree the cost is very high for the reward. Still could use more mana and Lots more DPS.
    code-zero and Thraine like this.
  7. Tevik Augur

Leave the numbers as is, but return the part that multiplies it as it hits more people to reward having a full group and you'd be looking at a pretty good bard ability. Can eliminate pets as multipliers though.
  8. Vdidar Augur

It must not be that bad anymore since this thread hasn't been just lighting up with new posts. Or everyone said to heck with it cause it will never be right again.
  9. Wizdons Augur

lol, we are at stage five of grief.

The five stagesof grief
    1. denial
    2. anger
    3. bargaining
    4. depression
    5. acceptance
    Thraine, Drusi and Vdidar like this.
  10. Bamboompow Augur

My take on it:

Before the nerf, no one had to sit and med. Breather was needed but there was no need to stop and sit down.
    After the nerf: Song no longer played.
    After the "fix": Now everyone has to sit and med, including the bard. Bard more often than everyone else. The meager endo returned means heavy reliance on Breather again, but if the bard is out of endo and can't even sing unless I swap song sets, than when the bard sits down.....everyone else might as well too. Dumb.

So now I can stop playing it all together again, or find new ways to use the down time. Emails. Phone calls. Maybe make some coffee. Go get a beer....

I wonder what is going to be great in EoK, only to be rendered worthless at the conclusion of that expac's run?
    Vdidar likes this.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

A somewhat fix for it might be to take the "under 30 percent" restriction off of rallying call. This would then act as sort of an endurance canni for the bard with the ability to use it on others instead if the situation looks better to not use it on themselves. This could at least help the bard keep dicho going somewhat reliably though he would have periods where he cannot attack while the rallying call is running.
  12. Derd Augur

It wasn't a great song it was ridiculous. Why do we have mana and endurance bars, and why does gear have differing values? It made those obsolete, taking all decisions on spell and ability use just a click as you want operation. I guess easy mode was what many of you liked.
  13. Wizdons Augur

its not so much about the easy mode. for me it was a shock to the system so to speak. 8-9 months of it going on like it was and now splat back to the real world.

Before the nerf groups just cruse along playing and dps to there hearts content. Some classes were so spoiled with this, it actually made them look far better than what they were. It was a sort of class flip flop in some cases as DPS charts starting moving around.

Now we fast forward to the present. Groups have to stop and med.. ill be honest, in the 8-9 months, with it being what it was i completely forgot how boring it was to wait around to med even with OOC speed regen. Some missions / achievements are infinitely more difficult. Like that ToR mission. I got to were i could steam roll that with my boxes. Forget about it now back to OOM before the 3rd wave or so. Many of the TDS time trial missions are a fail because the DPS has to med and every precious second counts in some of those.

Raid recovery is now back to NULL for some classes and all classes if there recovery tools are down from a double death or something.

Unfortunately, with many way out of wake abilities, they are allowed to go on for to long. Then, when they are fixed its like a shock to the system.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. Derd Augur

I was only shocked that they let it stay so long. I was shocked more the first time I cast it, enough that I did tested it again.
  15. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

I don't know what bards are all upset about. Heck, after you purchase EoK, you just need to run DHs for a few months and get those 10k AAs knocked out. I bet the end result will at least upgrade you to 10% of the original mana return rate.
  16. Bamboompow Augur

Gotta love this type of commentary. Again friend, where were you during TBM Beta and WHY didn't the dev team listen to you if you were in Beta? As many have said, the rub is the fact that it was live for a year almost and then after all that time....oh yah this is OP. *rug yank*

Pure brilliance. But hey, we have all been saved at last from the bardic army (Army of 1 in most cases. Per server) from needlessly destroying the fundamental underpinnings of the game.

Don't blame the player base for enjoying what was in all intents and purposes live long enough to make many believe this was an actual part of the game and not just another mistake that the so called elite of the game decided to let slide for their own exploitation, only to take the all knowing, condescending tone later that what has been done now is "for the betterment of the game." Better yet that we all just love easy mode and you all have saved us from our lazy hubris by finally dropping the dime.

Sure, buddy. We get it. Hopefully with the EoK Beta you did the game a favor and identified all those "easy mode" errors and assured that all those transgressions were promptly drowned in the nearest bathtub. Or maybe wait until AFTER your guild has cleared the expac, assured that it is solidly on farm and THEN mention it......

Thus the cycle begins anew.
    Drusi likes this.
  17. Derd Augur

< is far from Uber, we have 1 tbm raid down. Rare to do any beta as my weekly play time is what some of you do in two days. Have not present ordered eok as I don't see the time to play ( go cubs) at least for another week. And stand by what I said. Any group with a bard was basically making equipment spell choice and ability use irrelevant. Playing one is tough we sucks at personal dps but do so much else, it's why I love it... and why my alts are wizard and zerker :)
  18. Bamboompow Augur

this video probably best explains how things happen around here:

www.dailymotion.com/video/x1793b_elmer-fudd-design-for-leaving_shortfilms

EoK is the little blue button.
    Kaley_D'vere likes this.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Now that last weeks guild FUBAR is mostly fixed, can we look at this again? In a normal hunting group of NON-Raiders, (although I have been lucky enough to get added to some TBM raids and now have all of my raid glowy things) and my rank 6 dicho now, the mana return on this is about 4%-5%, and more than that as an endurance cost. It's still not worth it to use this over Sionache's. My gild is in a raid alliance, and we are doing Arx. I don't even break it out then, leaving Sionache in my playlist all of the time.
  20. Thraine Augur

yeah i think we are all pretty much on stage 5 now, you forgot a stage tho

6. Pre-order Pantheon :)