Bard Charm Kiting Spot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Enzo, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Enzo New Member

Just returned to the game about 3 months ago. Decided to dust off a lvl 65 bard i used to raid with. I did some quick lvling and am currently 94 with 3500aa.

At this point im looking to solo through the charm kiting method. I took the time to get good at it in Tosk. Since then ive been on the hunt for locations to effectively exp this way.

Locations I have found so far (HoT/VoA):

HoT courtyard (always camped)
    Al'Kabor's Nightmare (not the best with the trees but doable)
    The Grounds (also not the best/no good spot to circle)
    Sarith (only the war beasts? got summoned by some others)
    Beasts Domain (only crocs low enough lvl to charm, lots of wanderers)

Anyone found any decent locations other than these? Would love the info. Beasts Domain is my best choice atm but have a slight downtime and tons of necros in the way =P

-Enzo-
    -E. Marr
  2. UncleUms Journeyman

There is ONE place that you COULD try in grounds. Just below bixies on west side, there is a well that is a zone in to 'the well'. You could possibly try using that as a spot to circle if you hug the well. I know that we have pulled to there for hours on end with no adds other than ppl running to the well with a train in tow, but these days the zone is mostly dead anyway.
  3. Tobynn Augur

I regularly find bards running circles amidst an enormous pile of ape corpses, in Beasts Domain just east of the doors leading to Argath. Always seems to be a bard crying out anyone want to kill Thunderpunch? because the namer routinely spawns and disrupts the kiting space.
  4. Enzo New Member

Hmm perhaps i need Rk II of the charm spell then. Currently i can charm up to lvl 93 and the apes are 94-95 i think. Most were yellow con at 94. As for the grounds spot. That might be doable. Only issue would be if the well causes melody to drop due to LoS issues. Ill have to try it.
  5. JERUS Augur

Best swarm kiting I've found is the "pups of war" instance. I usually take a quick right circle around to the apes there then come back towards the port in of the instance. Kill the apes that are north of there, then start heading towards the apes across the zone from the port in. I pull and kill everything in that path. Takes me roughly 30 mins to clear, which is perfect for a lesson burn. You'll have to get a new instance once you clear it but you don't have to fight others for spawns and no worries of named getting in the way.

The apes that are yellow cons you're thinking of are in the second area. If you look at the Beasts Domain map you'll see 3 areas with small gaps where the river goes. In the one closest to argath you have mobs that are charmable for the most part, the next area they get to be higher level.

Another option is valley of lunanyn the mosstroopers/farmers etc. They get a bit lower level than I like having a few light blues at lvl 95.

BTW, to get instance it's captain right by argath guild hall port in, just grab one person you know who is afkish and can stay in the mission for 30ish mins, pop merc get mission drop merc and clear it =)
  6. Brosa Augur

Not complaining about the thread....just its location....wouldn't this be best served beeing in the "Class" forums?
  7. Kirbane Augur

you sir are a great inspiration to a old up and coming bard lol
  8. JERUS Augur

=) always glad to help