Bard cc best practices

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kenshon, May 18, 2019.

1. kenshon Journeyman

I'm running a box group war/brd/rng/ber/sha.

Getting close to where my bard can be close enough to mez mobs with wave of torpor (up to 108).

If I have a bad pull and am already in camp, is the best thing to do to put up defensive discs and ae aggro on the war, hit wave of torpor while disc is up, and then manage mezzes until tank can reasonably survive?

Would AE malo help from the sham?
  2. Cicelee Augur

Yes AOE malo helps the bard mez mobs.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Vainglorious used too before they crapped on it in the AA reformation.

It used to pre AA reallignment have -mr without the silly doom recourse which gave you time to Orb of Tash the pack before recast
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

With that group, if you focus on DPS instead of CC, the mobs will be dead before your defensive discs are worn off.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is the overarching design all encounters have taken in the last few years. Either overwhelm tasks and events with DPS or die. No nuance required.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

To be fair, there wasn't a whole lot of nuance with the old boring tactic of mez everything and kill them one-at-a-time, with little-to-no risk. We just go faster now :)
    Allayna likes this.
  7. svann Augur

If you must mez and you are getting resists, keep both ae and single target ready.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And hear I thought this was going to be about bards managing their expenses.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

True enough, but far fewer player-dependent battle opportunities exist today than back then. Or maybe I am just jaded.