Fixed Internally Bard Bug: Song Gems Locking Up When Using Clickies

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Angahran, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Baldur Augur

It has to be the cast time reduction, because I have a bard box on Phinigel and have never had this issue.

We're in CotF and so don't have the cast time reduction portion of it yet.
  2. Lorai Lorekeeper

This explains why my Cleric spell gems went gray and stayed that way many times as I've grouped with my Bard friend lately. Yes I clicked an AA to unlock, but almost lost group members in the process... I learned to pace myself a little better on that mash key and it seemed to help, but still... Our spell gems are locking-up and that is a bug.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I've had my clerics gems lock up many times with quicktime in group with a bard.
    Heard rangers complain they get it constantly in raids (not surprising, they always have a bard).

An aa with a cast time fixes it, but that's a poor workaround.
  4. Karhar Dream Crusher

it turns our remedies into instant cast heals, thats how it bugs out.
    Morra and svann like this.
  5. Caisy Master

The players know it is Quick Time. The Devs say they need more info as they can't replicate it. They have been given a ton of info in the 2 other threads that were started a month ago. This happened to me 6 times last night on raids. It's silly they can't reproduce this internally. Just makes me think they don't know how to do a proper burn with proper adps or something.
  6. Funky Augur

the only common occurrence i have found to replicate having quicktime bug/grey out my spell gems, is if i am spam pressing keys during spell casts (spamming a mash/multibind key) basically going turbo on trying to cast spells before actually able to.

where i find if i pay attention with each cast and allow the spell gems to actually refresh after each cast, my spells dont lock up.

found this to be accurate at least for SK, ranger, cleric, and shaman.

each tested in the GGH where there is no lag from an entire raid going .
  7. klanderso Developer

Does anyone have reliable reproduction steps?
    svann, Duder and Sancus like this.
  8. Jerkey New Member

I've had this happen quite a few times, most commonly when I activate Quicktime on my bard and my enchanter buddy casts some sort of instant cast / very very short cast time spell. That almost always causes his spell bar to become stuck grayed out. Hope that helps.
  9. Sancus Augur

I wish test had a similar functionality to /betabuff, or if there was some other way to temporarily access max level characters for testing year round. I'd like to try to help find reproduction steps, but my bard doesn't have the latest Quick Time rank :(
    Caisy likes this.
  10. Morigaine Elder

I think this is the best option to try to recreate it. My cleric is typically the most common to lock from this and it's always right after quick time. While other classes can certainly be affected, I normally hear it most frequently from clerics in guild (prior to most of them now having just buff blocked it).

With servers down, I can't really try this again but I'd venture if you put 5 clerics in a group with a bard and have them multibind their fastest non-instant spells and spam heal a target after quick time is activated , you will get at least 20 locks in 100 tests. Obviously I am just guessing at the number but this seems to be a viable path to recreate the bug in testing.
    Kels likes this.
  11. Drogba Augur

this affects my SHD quite often. Another ability that reduces cast time: 'Imperator's charge' from warriors also can cause the spell lock on me.
    Funky likes this.
  12. Zandez Lorekeeper

At random times more often in raids, spells gems and hot keys are grey out and not usable. Seems this can happen when grouped with Bard playing song (Quick time IX) and when casting other Rangers spells with a .5 sec cast like our Summers sleet (as I'm a Ranger). I assume this is a know bug? Anyway around it? I tried kick, fd pots won't work, can't open bags, going to character select clears it. Currently I have the Bard song block. Any update plz?
  13. Derd Augur

Yes its known, and its kinda not a bug but kinda is. Quick time makes those .5s instant cast and if your mashing your mash key it can bug you out. Hitting a aa with a cast time is what I've been told clears it. Being the bard its nothing that affects our stuff, so i'm just going off what I've read and been told. I "think" there is already a bug post about it in the bugs thread.
  14. klanderso Developer

I've merged all related threads into this one to keep it centralized/focused.
    Siraj likes this.
  15. Zaphod New Member

I'm not sure if this has been noted before, but tonight I noticed that when my spell gems were locked out, I couldn't pick up an item from inventory.
    kuffs44 likes this.
  16. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

17. Siraj Lorekeeper

@Klanderso
    Step 1: Apply highest rank of Quicktime
    Step 2: Spam abilities with standard cast time (after focus) with <= .50 seconds
    Step 3: Locked bars
  18. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

So the Qucktime Issue has been merged with this on this thread? They're not the same issue but they both need to be addressed. I don't want this issue getting lost because it is very annoying to have to deal with
    svann likes this.