Fixed Internally Bard Bug: Song Gems Locking Up When Using Clickies

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Angahran, Oct 26, 2019.

1. klanderso Developer

Does anyone have any consistent reproduction steps? We've confirmed it happens, but have had difficulty getting it to happen on a regular basis (which makes fixing it more complicated if we cannot verify it's actually fixed).
  2. svann Augur

It doesnt seem consistent. But it seems like it happens mostly when you click when the song cast is at its very end.
  3. svann Augur

Ok I figured out a way for you to test it. Get an instant cast no cooldown clickie such as Selo`s Drums of the March and click it on a target really fast over and over as your melody goes. You will see melody interruption very soon, and it will be at the end of a song 'cast'.
  4. Jennre Band Leader

I think Nniki has repro steps with either a short video, or animated GIFs
  5. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I really appreciate the developers confirming this bug. The idea that this might get resolved gives me the happy feeling in my feeling places.
  6. Daredilly Master

TBL Raids from January 12th, 2020:

115 Ranger with Max AAs and mostly Rk. II ToV spells being used.

Each of our Rangers experienced Spell Gems greying out and becoming unusable. In addition, with some of the Ranger, Hot Button Key Macros, potions in Hot Buttons as well as Ports in Hot Buttons were also unusable. Bags could also not be opened to try and click directly on a potion. Mounts could not be clicked from the keyring as well.

Fix was to get ported out by a port class and taking a Banner back in. Succor also worked. AA Hot Buttons all seemed to still work, just did not fix the problem

This problem has occurred in the past; however, by targeting self and doing Bulwark we were able to fix it. Also, some fixed it by clicking on their Mount. I have even fixed it by using a Planar Overdose potion, but, this would not click either. After we logged, I thought that maybe Origin might work as AA Hot Buttons could still be clicked and that would provide a port, albeit not a great solution.

All 4 of the Rangers had similar issues during numerous Raid events: Mearatas, Prince and Aalashai to name a few.

The feedback I received in Guild was that it was a conflict with Spell Hastes and our instant Direct Damage spells. Bard, Warrior War Cry and Cleric Haste were all proposed. Other classes have similar issues, but, this was the first time that even Hot Buttons would not work or Bags open. I did block Cleric Spell Haste; however, I still had the problem on a later event.

Happy to help to address this in any way I can.

Thank you for your consideration
    Fullwin, Llayenie, Scornfire and 14 others like this.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

I think the general consensus is Quick Time.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Remien Master

When my spell bar is getting locked I've been hitting the entrap AA. Any AA with a cast time(non instant) should do the trick though. As Qbert said, Quick Time seems to be the culprit.
  9. Daredilly Master

Have not tried that one; will try in future. Thanks.
  10. Hitty Augur

Had for the first time while zoning. Normally I am used that the Bards are getting their lockup after quite a while spamming spells and using items. This time the druid had that issue. While he got spells/buffs he zoned and was locked after that and need to rezone. Sounds like there is more borked...

Perhaps some kind of spell interlock if spells are cast to fast/often/many at once perhaps in combination with items.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

For bards this normally happens due to melo running and then clicking an item that isn't instant cast while the melo is casting a song. For bards though it normally will unlock after a delay or using /stopcast. One of the reason I have always wanted bards to get an aa to make all items instant cast but if it doesn't have a recast then add a recast delay equal to the original cast time of the item.

This is something that has been an issue for bards for years though so I kinda think they are unrelated and this issue with other classes may be something new from the changes. I have not seen an increase in this happening for bards so if they were related I would think bards would be having a worst issue while others starting to have a small issue.
  12. Daredilly Master

Remien, I have not tried Entrap; however, I have tried many other AAs with cast times. In the past, this did correct the problem; however, it does not seem to address it now. I am sure I will get the opportunity to try it soon; the issue seems to be more frequent in Raids since the new Expansion.
  13. Ashian Augur

The issue is 100% QuickTime. I’ve been having this issue on my bard for years and it is incredibly frustrating. However, with the upgrade to QuickTime making more spells insta cast, I’m now getting it on my ranger, my Beastlord, my Shadowknight, and my cleric. It is easy to deal with if you notice it ... but when you’re playing a cleric and you’re jamming your remedy hotkey and the tank’s health keeps going down, you don’t really have a few seconds to spare to figure out what is going on and course correct.
  14. svann Augur

Now we have to ban quicktime?
    Thats REALLY messed up.
    People need to 'like' this thread so it gets attention.
  15. Sancus Augur

This is technically a duplicate of this thread, which has more likes at the moment. I liked both, but it may help to focus on one.
  16. niente Developer

Have been looking at this, just need reliable reproduction steps. Trying to get some myself but no luck so far.
    Glynrol likes this.
  17. Qbert Gallifreyan

Some of the comments make me wonder if there is some interplay between the 0-cast time and hotkey/macro usage that is the culprit. I play a paladin, and have since the beginning of EQ. I have never used a spam/macro/hotkey/multibind whatever, and I have never run into this problem. I am grouped with my bard 98% of the time, and with this new rank of quick time I have clearly noticed the 0-cast time for the last three weeks-ish but I have had no lockups whatsoever as a result despite repeated use (50 times a day or so, minimum, every day for a few weeks).

I do see the general problem on the bard related to clickies while under melody (a hotkey/macro really, which I remedy with /stopsong), so it has me curious if the people encountering the error exclusively/primarily get the lock-up when using spam/multibind/macro keys, as I see mentioned multiple times in this thread.
  18. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Out of curiosity did you all have this line of spell in the lineup?

Heartsplit(105), Heartcleave (110), Heartsunder (115)

The reason I ask is, the only time I have experienced that problem is when i am spamming a keybind with this line in it.

I was never able to pinpoint the reason this was happening, but dropping these spells eliminated the problem. My best guess at the time was an issue with checking for the component. Between the lag and spamming the keybind for the next spell, I think it was missing the check but you had the component and instead of casting, it just locked up the spell bar.

Eya
  19. Daredilly Master

Details that may assist; here is what I am mashing:

Spell Mash Key bound to my "A" button: Marked Shots Rk. II, Focused Blizzard of Arrows Rk. II, Dissident Fusillade, Summer's Sleet Rk. II. Mashing each time spell gems are refreshed.

Kick Mash Key bound to my "S" button: Meltwater Spring Rk. II, Jolting Axe Kicks, Focused Gale of Blades, Reflexsive Nettlespears. Mashing each time spell gems are refreshed.

Spell Mash Key bound to my "D" button: Summer's Sleet Rk. II. Mashing constantly as the refresh is very fast.

I am mashing these keys, being aware of cooldowns. My "A" button is slowest as once I mash, I await cooldowns to refresh. My "S" button is more often as the cooldowns are faster. My "D" button is non-stop as the refresh is speedy.

Other than these, I click as needed my fast targeting "O" button to assist MA when needed as well as my Burn 1, Burn 2 and other ADPS as needed or refreshed, which all have longer timers.

I very rarely, use substitutions for my Spell Mash Key, except for the rare events where substitutions are warranted due to resists or other considerations.
    niente likes this.
  20. Glynrol New Member

I have also had this issue. 115 Ranger, using default UI. This last time I was not able to use any hot keys, or shortcuts. It reset after a few minutes unsure what caused the rest. I was not even able to open bags to access planar overdose. If this could be addressed it would be terrific. Thanks.