Bard boot AC and kick...

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Waldagar, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Waldagar Augur

Does anyone know if the AC of the boot impact kick damage for a Bard?
  2. Riou EQResource

It should, but it isn't going to be a massive amount
  3. Sikanle Lorekeeper

IIRC it was +1 flat damage per +1 ac on Monks. Never parsed it on a bard.
  4. mackal Augur

Kick damage calc (and no stuff like selo's kick which already have the damage calculated) is skill / 10.0 plus boot AC / 25.0, but this is also capped at skill / 10.0. So best you can get is 2 * (skill / 10.0)

Flying kick is the same just the skill part is skill / 9.0
  5. Thrillho Augur

I don't think I've ever actually seen the equation for boot AC damage increase. I thought it had long since been removed or changed to be ineffective. There's no optimizing for aug placement on gear aside from this and the charm, so it doesn't hurt at all to drop your largest aug in your boot.

Well, second largest compared to the Artisan's Prize. Maybe I could learn how to kick with my ear...
  6. Phrovo1 Augur

monks start headbutting next expansion
    Thrillho likes this.
  7. mackal Augur

Unless they changed the formulas on me, those are correct :p

And those calculate "base damage" or "weapon damage" but it's used the same way as the number shown in selo's kick spells
  8. Thrillho Augur

I believe ya. I've always put my AC in my boot, but wasn't sure if it actually still worked anymore. Never looked into it, since it did no harm to do it in the first place. Not like dual wield vs. 2h where there is a noticeable difference between A and B.
  9. Waldagar Augur

Data is always good. I ran 2 quick, 5 minute parses and here are the results:

Bare foot (0 AC)
    Combat Dummy Dena in 313s, 1584k @5062sdps --- #0 Bard 1584k@5062sdps (5062dps in 313s) [100%]
    Max Hit 45150 Ave Hit 10156
    Tier 2 group boot with 65 AC aug (419 AC)
    Combat Dummy Dena in 338s, 1932k @5716sdps --- #0 Bard 1932k@5716sdps (5716dps in 338s) [100%]
    Max Hit 45162 Ave Hit 11500 Boot added 9 Kick

As stated earlier, not a huge increase, but I will take 600 free DPS.

Bottom line, always remember to put on your boots before you go out to kick a$$.