Bard Aura not showing up on my ShadowKnight

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Xarbokk, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Xarbokk Elder

Title pretty much says it all. I run a SK/Box team and when my Bard has an Aura going I can't see the icon on my SK anywhere. Is it supposed to work like this? I know when I grped with a Monk the other day I could see the Aura in the Song Window.
  2. Nniki Augur

Sionachie or Begalru? Sionachie doesn't display in the Songs window.
  3. Xarbokk Elder

Sionachie. So does it still work even though I can't see it?
  4. Nniki Augur

Yes. It's a pulse heal effect rather than an effect you'd get a buff for like regen / heal over time.
  5. Brohg Augur

also: don't use that aura
  6. Xarbokk Elder

Why? What's wrong with that Aura?
  7. Parker Elder

Absolutely nothing wrong with that aura, the mana one. If im pulling with the bard i pull so fast that there is literally zero down time so the echo version of this helps a ton in conjunction with other songs. Ive swapped to pulling with my warrior and leaving bard at group with the non echo version running with other mana regen type songs on melody. With aria constantly being twisted then you lose nothing in terms of spell damage, in fact you gain over aura...the only thing you lose is aura on swarm pets and if you dont use them you lose nothing...so net gain in spell damage and mana regen.
  8. Brohg Augur

9. Chorus Augur

max/min type players will always scream more dps, even if the situation doesn't require it. Just learn to understand what you're doing and use whichever is more appropriate for what you're trying to accomplish.

If you're well ahead of the spawn of a camp for instance, that extra dps doesn't mean anything at all. If you're having trouble tanking a specific area, then dropping some dps songs to add defensives can make the difference. If using a cleric merc, stacking regen aura with pulse will pretty much mean it will never run out of mana even chain pulling...and that right there is why I use the regen aura instead of the overhaste aura. When I have a real healer in the group, I always use overhaste aura. I much prefer killing non-stop and not getting bored to moar dps.

In short, be aware of your situation and use what works for you while taking into account what you have to work with inside of your group.
  10. Parker Elder

Very very interesting. Thank you for the info. Years and years ago i discovered a bug, and mistakely posted here, that showed singing mod was unintentionally modding aria flurry bonuses over the intended singing cap making bard zerker groups exceptionally op. Perhaps better stated those bonuses were never supposed to be moddable in the first place, they were just supposed to give you a set amount. In all the testing im positive all auras at the time were tested with aria, by itself for a baseline, and with aria. It never showed they stacked. Pretty sure we wouldve caught that....which leads me to believe its something that has occurred semi recently since ive been gone for awhile. Doesnt seem intentional since historically its been the case that anything for bards that requires upkeep(aria) typically overwrote something you could always have on or no upkeep(auras).

Im no longer in the business of giving a f*** about the integrity of the game and hiw balance helps the longevity of our game since they handled the aria issue like turds(a class rep). So again, thank you doe the info and i will most certainly reap the benefits this time around, intentional or not.