Bard added to Box Grp .. What Next

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cleric Bot, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Cleric Bot New Member

I have a level 50 Bard inherited. I have no idea how or what to load as songs, twist , melody etc... I never touched a Bard. All i know is grouping with Bards in the past they gave me mana regen/ health/ speed. I want to add this bard to my box group. Can someone post a list of helpful macros and song load outs for an AFK Bard to just add benefits to my group. Instruments , Gear Twinkable items. TLP server Velious era.

Until I "learn" how to play this class can someone get me pointed in the right direction.
    And no ... I won't delete him ...
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

/melody is your best friend. you have no AA at 50, so pick the 4 songs you want to run in rotation, and set them up as the first 4 songs in your song gems, then /melody 1 2 3 4
    it will run in loop til you stop it.
  3. Baadan New Member

It's really about trial and error, and fiddling with what does and doesn't stack. The stacking rules for Bard songs are infamously quirky, so even the recommendation I make below might not stack properly. The most important advice is emboldened in the next paragraph.

To start, decide what your group needs. You can sing 4 songs at once. Right click your spells and pick 4 that look useful to your current situation.

At 50, an AFK, general purpose loadout probably looks something like:

Cantata of Soothing (hp/mana regen)
    Niv's Melody of Preservation (str/regen/magic rune)
    McVaxius' Berserker Crescendo (haste/str, @57 gain atk/DS)
    Melody of Ervaj (adds 5% haste but won't "overhaste" above cap)

-60 Bard on Aradune
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

I noticed while in an xp group, the shadowknight was irrated with me and said"just keep the mana regen song up!" I was trying to twist some damage on the mob and play a haste and strength buff. Then rotate back to the melody of mana , hp etc buffs. Is a Bard's life really just limited to playing 4 songs? Also I was asked to pull which is fine, but can someone describe what technique to use to try to get single pulls, rather than me training the grp with 2 + mobs every time. Spell bar layout , hotkeys etc would help till I can really get a grasp on what to do. Thanks
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Before AA, yes. Later as you go up the levels & gain AA you will be able to twist more songs together.

Before AA & the ability Fading Memories your "pulling tools" are going to be severely limited, you get a pacification song - Kelin's Lugubrious Lament which will reduce the aggro radius & when you become used to how that works it will help you to pull fewer mobs, it won't help on mobs close together but with enough distance between them it will let you split, just watch the pathing doesn't cause them to run back towards the other mobs as they try to find a path to you.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

Early barding can be a drag like that. You'll be much better ADPS with manasong at those levels. Just keep working on it and get Fade as soon as you can.
    Skuz likes this.