bard aa's

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tunertoon, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Tunertoon New Member

the selo aa. was supporse to increase duration. instead after putting aa. i lost 12 seconds or so. the passive aa tune in head. i thought was great i max it only to find out the passive dont include mezz song. We can now never ae mez reliable for even a short time. it feel more like a nerf. maybe a type 3 aug that give the ae mez song a 6 second duration click. the refresh be similar to what the tune in head was and duration be similar to what the tune in head aa was when it was an activated aa. type 3 augs that extend the dot song by 6 seconds. those are on the old chant songs. The chant song have type 3 aug for that? if not the type 3 aug we got in ot is now worthless. WE may have many open type 3 slots not.
    Cervesio likes this.
  2. Shakara Augur

Do the Wind Finess instruments not cover the newer mez songs? or does that focus not work on mez?
  3. Szilent Augur

Woodwind Finesse III exists in spell data, but is not on any items I'm aware of. Those effects also specifically exclude PB AE
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The loss to Bard AE mez is pretty sad, tbh. In the grand scheme, I prefer the overall benefit of it being turned into a passive, but something to make short-term unbroken AE mezzing possible again would be nice.

Other than that, I am pretty happy with where Bards are in ToV. I don't main mine anymore but he's still one of my favorite toons.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Aelen Augur

The Domination Mastery AA and A Tune Stuck in Your Head AA not including AE mez at all does stand out. A Tune Stuck in Your Head did extend PBAE mez by a tick, so it could cover. 3 second cast, 30 second refresh, 0-5 in randomness. A Tune made it 36 seconds minimum, which beat out the refresh by 3 seconds, and gave time to finish the previous song. Mostly unfortunate because that means you may get volley shotted by 6 things at once, and if that isn't threatening for your group, one wonders why you bothered CCing.

Still much worse than using an Enc's kit, due to resists, speed, not having more options, and not being able to recast for stuff trickling in or breaking, but there was technically a second proper AE mezzer. Not counting the Monk/Rogue versions that are geared as pulling tools, or the Nec thing that's undead only and capped at Level Cap + 0 and has a 2 minute refresh for a 1 minute duration.

I imagine the lack of outrage is most bards are more puller/melody bot-ish, and CCing small numbers can technically slow down group comps that would rather hit more targets.

Bottom line there is now Bards can only CC more than one target sustainably by mass target cycling single target mezzes. That actually leans in harder on slowing your group down if you CC, since it takes a lot more casts, and is often incompatible with leaving on autoattack.

The chant thing I think is just due to the Type 3's not being in game. Those are planned for January.

The Selos change actually does just look a bit wrong. It's +120 seconds of SPA 287. That does not get modded by the 100% of SPA 128 in Extended Ingenuity.

Previously Selo's Sonata AA was 150 seconds Base. This meant:
    150 seconds(Base) + 150 seconds(Extended Ingenuity) = 300 seconds.

Now it's casting Selo's Accelerando/Selo's Accelerato with a 12 second base, this means:
    12 seconds(Base) + 12 seconds(Extended Ingenuity) + 120 seconds(Selo's Sonata AA mod) = 144 seconds.

That said, it is a little faster with the new ToV rank. 88 velocity over 81 I think.
    Cervesio likes this.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

Well most alot of the mobs in kael aren't even mezable and alot are to high level to lull (lull only works to 115 so anything yellow can't be lulled). So we have 1 punt lull ability to split mobs with now for alot of areas but at least fade still works.

Are we getting a new insult that doesn't mob the mob? We only got a new one and it says it moves the mob (even though I don't think it really does) but it burns through mana so fast I use the old one anyway.
  7. svann Augur

TBH I cant tell the difference between 81 and 88 velocity unless Im looking at the number on the stat page.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Oh I can feel it in my bones. I used to keep selos song memmed just to get that extra boost when I had to travel and could feel it when it popped. After doing most of ToV with selos on it still feels super fast to me.

9. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I think it's learned helplessness.

So many requests have been made here to rectify issues in the game, or to reverse nerfs, with little being addressed.

I would love to be able to lock down and keep mobs down, but the ToV mobs hit so hard, and the resists are rather common, so I press the button, but not with much in the way of hope that I won't be cycling with a single target mez immediately thereafter.