Bard AA questions

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cicelee, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Cicelee Augur

1. Singing and instruments focus AA. I know in game description says it improves songs and increases the skill caps. What specifically does that mean though? Does that mean Arcane Ballad does more damage as the skill cap goes up? Does it mean less resists on AOE mez, for example?

2. Twinsong (or whatever the one is that allows a song to be twincasted). Does this only apply to DD and DOTS?

3. There are I believe four song focus AA, one of which is Tsaph/Sathir insult which I am 4/4. I think the others are Denon something, Brusco something, and something else. I am 0/4 on those. Which songs do those other three affect and are they worth buying?

4. At max AA for DOT songs, what is the max base damage/max critical for DOTS per tick? Rough ballpark figure is all.

FWIW my melody is Aria, War March, Arcane Ballad, Reckless Renewal, Spry Sonata, and Suffering. And it is for a box bard with a magician.
  2. Nniki Augur

Increased skill reduces fizzles. I don't believe there's any benefit in getting the new ranks of Instrument Mastery and Singing Mastery at this time.

Skill caps will be 450 at L110 with max ranks of those AAs.

Theoretically, any direct and over time healing and damage spells.

Pulse, Chorus, Chants, Insults, Arcane, etc., all twincast...

You will see the "You twincast [song name]." text when you twincast. Can search your logs if you're curious about what all you might be twincasting. Also, with duration/over time songs, you will see two landing messages when they twincast (just like direct), but it will be one effect and do 2x value.

Twinsong (5)
    1: Increase Chance to Twincast by 5%
    2: Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating
    4: Limit Max Level: 253 (lose 100% per level)
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    6: Limit Effect: Exclude Twincast Blocker
    7: Limit Class: BRD

I wouldn't bother with them.

Focus: Denon's Dirge of Disruption (3)
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 30% (Before Crit)
    2: Limit Spells: Denon's Dirge of Disruption
    3: Limit Class: BRD
    This passive ability increases the base damage of your Denon's Dirge of Disruption songs by 30%.

Denon's Dirge of Disruption Rk. II (L90)

Focus: Brusco's Burning Call (4)
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 30% (Before Crit)
    2: Limit Spells: Brusco's Burning Call
    3: Limit Spells: Magmalisk's Burning Call
    4: Limit Class: BRD
    This passive ability increases the base damage of your Brusco's Burning Call and Magmalisk's Burning Call songs by 30%.

Brusco's Burning Call Rk. II (L100)
    Magmalisk's Burning Call Rk. II (L110)

Pretty sure it's something like this...

Rank 2 RoS Chant:

Non-Crit Value = FLOOR(FLOOR(1507 Base Damage * (1 + 3.4 Max Mod)) * (1 + 3.5 Max Improved Chants)) = 29835
    Crit Value = FLOOR(29835 Non-Crit Value * (1 + 2.75 Max Destructive Cascade)) = 111881
  3. Nniki Augur

Should clarify this to be any that are "focusable"... so, Arcane Ballad Strike can twincast but not Travenro's Strike for instance.
  4. Brohg Augur

On my warrior, so Twinproc AA only no Twinsong :

[Sun Mar 25 18:35:03 2018] You twincast Travenro's Spite II.
    [Sun Mar 25 18:35:06 2018] You twincast Arcane Ballad Strike II.

These procs nothin' to do with singing AAs
  5. Nniki Augur

Yeah, forgot about Twinproc. The max level 253 prevents Twinsong from working there since procs are level 255.

But, out of that context, the statement is still accurate. Travenro's Spite twincasts because it is focusable whereas Travenro's Strike is not.