Bard AA question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by superman, Oct 16, 2021.

1. superman Augur

Bard channel seems to get different answers different times of the day, was wondering if anyone knew with certainty how jamfest worked?

The AA description is kinda vague, I havn't purchased yet and curious if its worth it.

1. does it raise your mana/hp regen of cantata?

2. Does it affect weather or not a mob resist you? for instance, If I try to lull a mob thats level 60 is it the same as if i'm level 65 trying to Lull him. Same for charm lvl checks every tick does it affect that?

3. does it make slows that scale a little more powerful?

Thanks for any clarifications. I suppose I could easily test for myself all but question 2. but trying to figure out if its worth 18aa's
  2. Vedian Lorekeeper

If you have jam fest 3 and are level 60, the song power would be equal to that of a level 65 using that song without jam fest.

If the mana/hp regen or the amount of slow would be higher at 65 then you would get that benefit.
    I'm not sure if resists would calculate as if you were level 65. It might.
  3. Elabone Augur

Bards only get like 4 usefull AAs. Jamfest is certainly better than any of your offensive dps oriented AAs as well as your defensive AAs.

Just buy it.
  4. Trebla7th Augur

Going from memory here... so any of this could be faulty
    1. Yes. HP and Mana regen scales with level, but I believe you may need JF3 before you see that scaling... just the way the math works out for that particular song
    2. Yes. But I don't know if this has ever been thoroughly tested. The conventional understanding is that you will get fewer resists with JF3 than without, but there's no known number of x% fewer resists.
    3. Yes? Slows supposedly scale with level. I seem to remember playing on live and Requiem of Time was a 55% slow, currently in GoD era at 65 on Aradune and Requiem of Time is a 55% slow (With JF3). According to Allakhazam, my memory is wrong and this song scales (1: Decrease Attack Speed by 20% (L64) to 75% (L71)). So, in theory, this song should improve with Jam Fest, but maybe the song doesn't scale at all, or maybe it's unaffected by Jam Fest. I really don't know at this point. I'll try to remember to test it again at level 70 in a month.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

In general, Zam's spell data is... bad. Whatever they use to parse the spells gives a lot of erroneous information, so it's really only good for getting a general idea of what a spell does. I would use RaidLoot or EQResource's spell lists for a better detailing of what a spell actually does.

For example, Requiem of Time is listed as a flat 55% slow on both of those other sites.
    Trebla7th and Polekn like this.
  6. Healiez Augur

1. It technically could, But in all my testing it never got it high enough to hit the next "breakpoint" to give another tick of mana.

2. no, anything that raises casting level only raises the level for calculating how much damage/healing/scaling the song does. Resist check is always done on the casters level. This has been thoroughly parsed.

3. Again yes, jam fest works on anything that scales based on level. if at level 60 it slows for 20% and at 65 it slows for 21% then jam fest 3 (iirc gives you 5 cast levels) will make it slow for 21%.
    Polekn likes this.
  7. superman Augur

Thanks for all the replies, it's maxed now and did not change slow percentage or mana Regen. The songs it affected saw an extremely marginal gain. Looks like bards just got shafted in luclin lol.
  8. Agarwaen New Member

I don't think jamfest ever adds up to much of anything. The most important song boosts - slow, haste, mana are fixed. You'd ~think~ it affects caster level but the consensus is it doesn't. It would also make sense for it to add levels to caps like mez or charm, but it doesn't. Wasted aaxp imo.
  9. Nniki Augur

It's listed as a flat value on Raid Loot and EQ Resource because they use max level for its computation instead of showing how it scales with level. Requiem of Time is calculated as 20 + level / 2 with a maximum of 55%.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Ah, good to know. Zam is still inaccurate with the max value of 75% :confused:. I'm so glad they started putting the actual spell details in the descriptions in recent expansions.
    Nniki likes this.