Bard 1.5 broken ? (kithikor part)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by sway, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sway New Member

Hi all,
    I am currently doing my bard's epic, I have the dark orb (but haven't shoewed it to the dragon), I have the 8 prisms and got the message from the npc in temple of solusek.
    Right now, I want to do the kithikor part.
    When I zone in Kithikor, the cloaked npc pops, but it won't respond to any hails, I am sure to be visible.
    I have tried before and after the cloaked figure got cursed.
    Any idea of what may go wrong ?

Thx in advance
  2. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Did you turn in the Prisms to the guy in Solusek Ro? You hand them to him and he gives them back, but you have to hand them to him once after the Prisms have been made.

I recall having that same issue when I did mine a few years back. I think that's what I had to do.

I just soloed my 2.0 because I realized I had all the pieces in my bank and never completed it. I also forgot I had finished my 1.5 when I first came back to the game and have all the pieces to do that again, so I may just do it for the Hell of it to have all 3 Epic swords.
  3. sway New Member

I turned in 2 prisms, when I realized he was telling me to go to kithikor, I did not bother turning in the others. And since the cloaked thing poped, I doubt there needs to do more...
  4. Pizacatto - CT Augur

He says it for each one you turn in, and I believe that's the hidden trigger to the fight. That way people not on the quest can't get killed by him accidentally.

I do recall some frustration with this part, but I can't quite remember what it was I did to interact with him. I followed his path for 30 minutes hailing him and trying to attack him before I ran back to Sol Ro, I think. I remember the following and hailing frustration part.
  5. Kally New Member

Don't have anything to help with troubleshooting, but I completed my 1.5 a week ago. I ended up turning in all 8 prisms, even though he was telling me to go to Kithicor after the first. Figured there was an invisible flag or something for doing them all. Also, I did the Dark Orb turn-in, just to make sure there wasn't a flag there too.

So if it helps, as of Oct. 6th, everything was working. Also, I finished the 2.0 the following afternoon, so it was working as well.

Good luck, sorry to hear you've had trouble.
  6. JERUS Augur

Epics are very fickle, make sure you do every hail, every turn in, and then do every hail again and then try ;)

Basically every epic 1.5/2.0 i've done or helped with has hit a point where someone forgot a hail or it didn't register or whatever but almost always fixed by going back a few steps and hailing everything again.
  7. Najeta New Member

You have to take the orb to Lantaric, I had this same issue and I ripped my hair out for days trying to figure it out.
  8. Pizacatto - CT Augur

yes, with my 2.0, I couldn't get the script to advance to finish it because I didn't have my 1.5 in my inventory (it was hanging on the wall in my house with my 1.0). I went and retrieved it and BAM BOOM ZAPPOW I was being attacked after I turned in the armor pieces.

Good call!
  9. Soulweavin New Member

Can a 90 bard solo these epics at this point? Or solo as in did it alone but with 3 boxes? I have my DN fights to complete to move forward and all of the old guides I reference still talk about many groups needed for certain encounters and such.
  10. Galin Augur

That was my issue on my bard.

I had a Ranger when I did those fights it wasn't difficult at all. I can see you three boxing it with little to no issues.
  11. sway New Member

Thx for your answers, I'll try after the orb turn-in in WL, I hope it will fix all.

For the solo with a bard ? I did all the fights so far with a sk and a rogue (bard didn't even sing a song ;) ), was quite easy. I guess a bard and a merco will get all ok.