Bank Space Blues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Housing is where it's at. Throw all your extra crap you won't use soon in housing stuff.

Pain in the butt, but unless they give us a ton of new bag space it's the best we have. (other than dropping it on alts, which is a pain too)
  2. Aurastrider Augur

This is very true I just find it less time consuming to have a master depositor plus for output reasons it's less of a mess only having to do output on one toon vs several for comparison of tradeskill items on hand. I do have "sorter" houses I use when I don't want to mess with things and need to offload on several toons. They will all dump their items into these houses and my master depositor will later remove them and place them in the appropriate house. For my own purposes I have roughly 60 houses so I find this to be the most efficient. For smaller scale storage needs it might not be needed.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The problem with that is, once you have more than 3 houses (so, can't all be owned by one char), your outputfile won't show everything, so you have to do multiple outputfiles anyway. Outputfile doesn't show items you own, but which are in houses which you don't own.

I just keep a social that I click whenever I log out a char, and all the output files go in one directory, where a "grep" can find what I need.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Wow thank you for the replies! I am not big into the housing butI do own a house (hardly ever go there) Do i need to buy a bank or storage unit to put into it, so I can fill it up? I didnt see one in mine and figured someone sold one. Just do not know what they are called and what vendor in neighborhood to look on. I am over on colonial island if you wanna wander in and have a look for suggestions.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

The house size is what matters. If you look at the description on the house you want the one that can store up to 500 items with 300 being any type of item. Once your house is placed and you have money in escrow simply walk onto your plot and hit shift I which will bring up your housing inventory window. Open up a bag and click on an item you want to store and then click the storage button. The item will now display in the window so you can quickly remove items when needed. The nice thing about housing vs bag storage is its much easier to find things. Of course since the addition of the in game item finder feature this is not as big of an issue except the one flaw with that vs housing is the in game find feature only shows the items owned by the toon you are on and it does not display items in houses that you are a co owner on. I have not messed around with the storage crates before and could be wrong but I think they are mostly used in the event that you lose your house due to being evicted for not paying. In this case your items will go into the crate which you can unpack at a later time.

If you have alts or friends that you would like to grant access to your house you can do so by entering your property and then clicking on the EQ button and going down to the housing tab and from there click on manage. From here you can enter other toons names and select what kind of access you would like them to have. I give all of my toons access to my houses so they can all add or remove items when needed without having to log extra characters in to do exchanges.

Each toon can own up to 3 plots but you can be a co owner on as many as you would like so if you need more than 3 houses simply use an alt to buy one and add your main as a co owner. If you are doing this and plan to take up guild plots I would advise you to communicate with your guild leader in advance to avoid issues as plots are limited. There are public neighborhoods you can purchase plots in or you can do what I did and create your own guild with an alt and buy your own neighborhood to avoid any conflicts. This is probably overkill for most players but I am an EQ hoarder so it works best for me.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Angahran Augur

If the /outputfile feature could list what is in houses you have access to (not just the ones you own) that would be great!

Also, if there was a way to use the 'find' to grab from housing.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

None of the houses on the loyalty merchant will charge you rent once you place them. They all hold 500/300.
    The little house you get with the housing quest will charge you plat - no alt currency on that one and the storage boxes charge you rent too. Other houses sold thru npc in sunrise hills will charge rent.
    Special houses from under /claim will not charge you rent. There have been a few Hermit Hideaway recently show up under prizes for sale in the baz. Those are also rent free.

So if you stick to loyalty and claim houses then the only cost would be for the plot rent which is pretty low. Like others have said use old currency -Oceangreen hills chronobines etc to pay that rent.
  8. Coagagin Guild house cat

Hunter quests are the best long term, ROI out there and are always available. I also use the shared bank, parcel shipments (50 slots) with both silver and gold toons for intermediate, may be not today access but soon.

So there are a variety of mediums to accomplish the same thing. Running back to housing to fetch a stack of pelts doesn't excite me much but as we often say: YMMV.

Great suggestions for a great question though. Thanks for asking this.

Coag
  9. Toader New Member

Guild Wars 2 has a much better banking system that I think Everquest should emulate. Their bank is a shared bank for all toons on the account, and the tradeskill stuff automatically is banked into its own slot and available for tradeskilling from the bank slot itself at any open world trade skill station. You can continue to buy additional bank slots too.

Also, improving trade skills in GW2 gives you xp too. Another nifty thing I liked in that game.
    Wolfimus likes this.
  10. Rickate Augur

Hold anything bags larger than 20 slots that don't require raiding, paying DBC or buying something other than basic expansions. Hunter achievements don't require owning the expansion to complete so very few bags actually require purchasing an expansion although many most likely require owning the expansion on at least one of your accounts. 20 slot non-lore bags require Befouled Animal Pelt, Befouled Silk(2), Ethernere Essence(3) and vendor purchased items or without having Tailoring by purchasing Unexpanded Tailored Transcendent xxxx from players and then a no-fail combine. Lore and No Trade unless noted.

40: Ashbreather's Supply Bag, The Ring of Scale Slayer (67 named)
    - 36: Traveler's Cinched Bag, Veteran Hunter of The Ring of Scale (21 named)
    - 34: Yetihide Patchwork Bag, Adept Hunter of The Ring of Scale (16 named)
    - 32: Scout's Pocketed Sling, Novice Hunter of The Ring of Scale (30 named)
    36: Combine Empire Locker, 750 Bathezid Trade Gems

40: Legendary Strongbox, The Empires of Kunark Slayer (97 named)
    - 36: Di`Zok Courier's Pouch, Veteran Hunter of The Empires of Kunark (40 named)
    - 34: Konikor Carafe, Adept Hunter of The Empires of Kunark (32 named)
    - 32: Lceanium Shipping Crate, Novice Hunter of The Empires of Kunark (25 named)
    38: Delicacies Purse, Master Scavenger of The Empires of Kunark (192 shinies)
    36: Chest of Empires, 750 Sathir Trade Gems

40: Mirrorslayer's Coffin, (TBM) Mirror Slayer (65 named)
    - 36: Decaying Rucksack, Veteran Hunter of The Broken Mirror (16 named)
    - 34: Hoarder's Second Gift, Novice Hunter of The Broken Mirror (28 named)
    - 32: Sparkling Planeslayer's Pouch, Plane Hunter of The Broken Mirror (21 named)
    38: Hoarder's Pocketed Sling, Master Scavenger of The Broken Mirror (160 shinies)

40: Seaslayer's Bottomless Box, (TDS) Seaslayer (65 named)
    - 34: Seaslayer's Cargo Crate, Veteran Hunter of The Darkened Sea (36 named)
    - 32: Seaslayer's Surprisingly Spacious Satchel, Adept Hunter of The Darkened Sea (14 named)
    - 30: Seaslayer's Cavernous Cache, Novice Hunter of The Darkened Sea (15 named)
    38: Hoarder's Belt Pouch, Master Scavenger of The Darkened Sea (256 shinies)

40: Annihilator's Satchel, Call of the Forsaken Slayer (87 named)
    - 34: Featherweight Hunter's Trunk, Novice Hunter of the Call (52 named)
    - 32: Flame Keeper's Trunk, Expert Hunter of the Call (10 named)
    - 32: Royal Satchel, Veteran Hunter of the Call (10 named)
    (the other 15 named are for a not lore, Heirloom, 40 slot tradeskill only bag)
    36: Hoarder's Cache, Call of the Forsaken Master Scavenger (232 shinies)

32: Satchel of the Fearslayer, (RoF) Fearslayer (132 named)
    - 28: Expert Fear Hunter's Satchel, Expert Hunter of Rain of Fear (44 named)
    - 24: Adept Fear Hunter's Satchel, Adept Hunter of Rain of Fear (54 named)
    (the other 34 named combine for 55aa and 7000pp)
    30: Expert Shadow Hunter's Satchel, Expert Hunter of Shadow of Fear (25 named)
    22: Shredded Satchel, The Flesheater in Chapterhouse of the Fallen
    22: Laughing Skull Canister, Kalken's Bloody Bones in The Valley of King Xorbb

32: Satchel of the Alaran Legend, Master of Alaris (111 quests, 20 missions, 202 named)
    - 28: Satchel of the Veilslayer, Veilslayer (202 named)
    - 24: Expert Veil Hunter's Satchel, Expert Hunter of Alaris (74 named)
    - 22: Veteran Veil Hunter's Satchel, Veteran Hunter of Alaris (58 named)
    (46 named for an 18 slot and 24 named for a 16 slot)

Can drop from any named or chest in expansion:
    40: Sebilisian Satchel, RoS
    40: Satchel of the Combine Hero, EoK, tradeable
    40: Enameled Box, TBM, tradeable
    36: Caravan Satchel, TBM, tradeable
    32: Scuffed Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack, HoT or more recent, tradeable, not lore
    28: Scuffed Journeyman's Rucksack, HoT or more recent, tradeable, not lore
    24: Scuffed Traveler's Rucksack, HoT or more recent, tradeable, not lore

Temporary Content:
    40: Darkened Box of Nil Space, Harbinger Freglor in HH Sebilis
    34: Satchel of Celebration, 700 Commemorative Coins
    30: Resplendent Rucksack, 500 Commemorative Coins
    26: Satchel of the Superstitious, 13th Anniversary (13 Tasks, 1 Mission)
    24: Treasure Hunter`s Satchel, HH Nagafen (raid-ish)

FV/Brekt is mostly the same: Combine Empire Locker, Chest of Empires and both Trade Gems, Sebilisian Satchel, Darkened Box of Nil Space, Treasure Hunter`s Satchel and all the listed bags from RoF and VoA are tradeable. Commemorative Coins are tradeable but not the bags.
    Conq and Angahran like this.
  11. Wolfimus New Member

The method I use, which seems a little different than most.

I have a storage character in which I mail trade skill items all the time. You can store up to 500 icons of items (which is a lot more than 500 if you have big item stacks) in parcel.

When the parcel fills up it will give you a warning message saying you cannot send anymore.

Then every once in a great while I log into the storage character which has dedicated bags for every trade skill in the bank and on character I generally just have some semi-large bags.

Although you need to divide a few skills into multiple bags, such as for tailoring. I have a bag of pelts, a different bag for silks, and a bag for the loose end items. Blacksmithing is very similar in regards to I have a bag with all the red bricks, a bag with all whitish bricks.

Now once you have your bags in the bank, and you have majority semi-organized. I leave the 1st bag in the top left empty.

Next you take the storage character and pull out whatever items out of the parcel. Which honestly doesn't take too long just have it take as many as possible. Then when you go to store the stuff in bank... don't worry about putting it on the exact proper icon, use that auto store key on the bank interface. If you don't already have a spot for the item, it will go into that empty bag and you can just keep an eye there for the stuff that doesn't have a preordained destination.

Eventually this will save you the issue of your house only being able to hold so many items, and generally the items are easier to find and use. Meaning when I want to do tailoring on my main character I just move the few tradeskill bags with pelts, silks, misc. into the shared bank. Use whatever I need, and put the bags back into the shared bank when done.
  12. Inga Elder

10 Extraplanar Trader's Satchel for each characters.
    4 32+ slot bags for main account shared bank.
    Tailored Transcendent (20 slot) for your main unless you have better bags.
    Tailored Fantastic Bag (12 slot, 90% WR) for alt inventory.
    Heavy Tailored Supreme (16 slot, WT: 800) for alt bank and shared bank.

One of my characters on 2nd account has all level 40+ ore/pelt/silk in inventory. My rogue has all raw poison materials in inventory. When I picked up tradeskill items, I give them to assigned character, use shared bank as temporal storage, or parcel and hit retrieve all.
    While I have to change characters for different tradeskills and make sure which toon has which tradeskill ones, I don't have to care about stacking issue.

After augment distiller change, Master Hunter Jilare armors are useful as aug storage.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=41281

EverQuest Inventory Report is excellent tool for tradeskill addicts.
    https://everquest.fanra.info/
  13. Zamiam Augur

Wish you could actually label bags example: Tradeskill bag 1 is "pottery supplies" TS bag 2 "smithing" , "poison making" etc.. why cant they make the Guild bank bigger ? characters can own 4 plots or make the storage crate able to hold 1000 items .. why dont the Iron rations stack up past 20 a stack ? why do clerics burn the dang bread still they have been making it for almost 20 years you'd think they could learn by now how to not burn bread.. also the food from loyalty doesnt stack past 20 . merchants feast /drink dont stack past 20 .. comon DBG ..
    Experience potions purchased from marketplace are not Heirloomable . the monthly 500 DBC reward window potions are WT* is up with that..
    my scepter of draconic calling and brell's rest clicky transportation device's are still not Heirloomable .. sorry alittle off topic ..
    where was I oh the Extraplanar silks that drop in HoT used to drop tons now im lucky if i get 1 drop for 5 hours of killing.. (I have not been to upper floors yet )
    I missed out on the bixie hive house .. I'd like to purchase that if i can .. DBG put it in the marketplace in fact you shoould put all expansions items up for sale you know how much money you guys are loosing out on by not selling them .. TONS..
    we need some new Illusions in the marketplace also .. for pet and character ... dang off topic again.. sorry I have ADHD.
    ok thanks for bearing with me .. hope a Dev reads this , but I doubt it..