Bank Space Blues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Hey all, was wanting to ask you tradeskill hounds about bank space. I filled mine with old trader satchels years ago and aside from the few extraplanar satchels I got in there , they still are them same 10 slot bags. What bags do you put in your banks? IM over 30 in all tradeskills so not afraid to make some if there are suggestions, I would love to hear them. If I could bring myself to toss out all the damn augs I hoard, it would make a good start.

Thanks
  2. Warpeace Augur

Invest in player housing, bank space and large bags just will not get it done.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Bigstomp like this.
  3. Conq Augur

Finish Hunter Achievements in EoK and RoS and you'll have more 32-40 slot bags than you can carry, then stuff the left overs in the bank. You've already mentioned the Extraplanar Tradeskill Bags but for any left over trader satchels, make yourself the 20 slot tradeskill made bags - Transcendent something or other.
    Conq
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Rickate Augur

Achievement: Expert Hunter of the Heart of Fear
    Fearslayer's Storage Crate
    This storage crate can hold up to 500 items, 100 of which can be non-placeable items.

Ring of Scale Master Scavenger
    Scalebreaker's Storage Crate
    This storage crate can hold up to 500 items, 200 of which can be non-placeable items.
    snailish, Aanuvane and Fanra like this.
  6. Gnomereaper Augur

Mules and creating your own guild to use a guild bank. Using parceling and retrieve all plops all the items into your satchels.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Bags from hunter (both from the achievement and, with a bit of luck, as random drops from said named mobs) are the majority of what I use in the bank. I believe my smallest bank bag is 30 or 32 slots?

Beyond that, free accounts + loyalty (rent-free house) plus an unload of old currency for plot rent (chronobines, for example). Every character can have three plots of housing; I just fill those up until I need to create three more (I think I'm at 45 at present; between tradeskills and collectibles and ornaments, space has never been harder to keep open, for me).
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I did an all-of-the-above approach.

I have the extraplanar bags in my bank (5 of them), along with other tailored bags and such. Looking at my notes: My bank has 32 (slots) x 5 (how many), 20 x 1, 16 x 7, 14 x 1, 12 x 7, 10 x 3, with 14 x 4 in the shared slots. All bags in my inventory are at least 20 slots (32 x 7, 24 x 2, 20 x 1), with three of those being the extraplanars. I find that's plenty for my usual needs.

Then, I have my own guild, with the guild bank MOSTLY used for common TS drops (the ones you always seem to gather quite a few of). All my chars can drop these items in the guild bank, so all of the chars have access. One really nice feature of the guild bank is, when you deposit stuff, it automatically gets stacked with like items. And when stacks fill up in there, they go to....

Part 3, player housing. I have 12 houses, with all my chars having access. This is where most of everything goes. The biggest payoff? Everyone can get to everything, no switching chars ever needed. These houses keep all kinds of stuff, not just TS mats, but gear that is sharable, items to obtain rank 2 spells (and ranks 2 spells), collectibles, and other miscellany. Note that the TS bags in my main's bank (mentioned above) are used for uncommon TS drops. Once those 5 bags fill up in my bank, I take them out to the houses, and put the items where they need to go. These are the only items I have which MAY be needed by a different char, and is not immediately available without me logging in the main.

This also makes offloading easy. At the end of a session, I anchor to the GH, dump common TS stuff into the guild bank, drop the uncommon TS stuff in my bank, and then I'm ready for the next session.

Tat
    Dythan likes this.
  9. Password1234 Augur

I have 16 extraplanar trade satchels in the bank and space isn't really an issue. The tailored transcendent bags are a quick way to fill up remaining space with 20 slot bags until you get around to the hunter achievement bags.

Also, putting extraplanar satchels and any large heirloom bags in the shared bank makes for transferring things to alts a lot easier.
  10. Daedly Augur

Aren't yall worried that you might lose all that stuff by placing it in the housing system? Or is there a way to back up what you have in the event it happened?
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

I've never lost anything in housing; that said, if you output the real estate files on all the characters you use as plot owners, that would give you a record if you're worried about losing stuff.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

There is also a 40 slot tradeskill only bag in the marketplace. If you save your free DBC you can get one every 2 months. If you don't trust housing making a mule for each type of tradeskill and loading them up with extraplanar tradeskill satchels is what I would do. Personally I like housing myself. If you don't trust housing and don't want to use tons of mules you might consider dumping only those useless augs and other trinkets into your housing vault and only keep useful items in your bank to cut back on clutter. I have a tribute house (filled with random tribute only items I collect), several nostalgia houses filled with old augs and other random rewards I probably will never use but are fun to look at on a rainy day. I try to reserve my bank for only useful or high value items I don't want to see vanish if the housing market collapses. If you only use one toon to deposit items into your houses it will help with stacking issues and you can do an output command after you deposit items in the event houses do vanish so you can submit an accurate list of all items lost.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Long answer - Had housing for years (at least 7), never had a single issue.

short answer - no.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If you set up the permissions so that all your alts have access to everything, stacking isn't an issue. You have the latest depositor take out the item(s) already in the house, stacking it in their inventory, and then deposit that stack back into the house.

The /outputfile realestate feature is very nice. I keep that handy for all my housing, and use a UNIX-like grep command to find something that isn't obvious (which, most of it is, so rarely have to do this).
  15. segap Augur

Inventory management is becoming far too much of this game. Reviving every tradeskill recipe in existence didn't help. They really need to find a way to simplify and reduce the need to store so much crap and keep track of it all.

Most people with houses use it for nothing more than a dumping ground. A dumping ground that requires the depositor to retrieve items so that they can then be stored in a single stack. A system that requires people take logs and manage lists outside the game. It's a giant mess. People should be logging in to play, not spend a couple hours here and there moving virtual crap around and taking inventory.
    Koryu, Tatanka and snailish like this.
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, it doesn't require people to take logs and manage lists, they just may choose to do that. I never have done either, and I am an obsessive hoarder.

I just organize things so I know where to look. For example:

• One house per tradeskill.
    • One house per expansion (for collectibles).
    Much like I've long wanted a way to lock buffs to a certain buffslot (to identify instantly what buffs are missing/overwritten), I want to be able to lock slots in my bags (in the bank, in particular) to store a specific item only - that would probably solve half of my remaining inventory issues alone.
  17. snailish Augur

It actually would be a very good expansion selling feature: Improved Banking

On the bank tab is a little black hole (like from Looney Tunes). Items that go into this hole are accessible by any of your characters on that account on that server. This include remotely for any tradeskill combine (pulls automatically for known recipes, you can call up a searchable list for any other situation).

They'd need to monetize this as it reduces some bag sales. So make it a 50 slot hole with the expac and sell additional 50 slots at a reasonable price (people are going to want 1000+ slots easy).
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well stated. As organized as my stuff is (and it's very organized), it's all very annoying just due to the clicks involved.

Make a way for me to click a bag onto my bank/guild bank/house, and whatever is in that bag that matches something in the bank/guild bank/house gets automatically added to the stack. Holy cow, would that save me time and relieve the drudgery of all the clicking.

Tat
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Unless they recently changed how stacking works I find it's best to have a master depositor toon for things that stack. Currently if you have toon a deposit say bone chips and toon b also deposits bone chips they will be in separate stacks belonging to the toon that deposited them. For non stacking items it's not a concern.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The two things we're saying are not mutually exclusive.

If char A deposits bone chips, and then char B does the same, they will be 2 stacks. If char B removes the bone chips first (which auto stacks with the bone chips in inventory) and then puts the bone chips in the house, they are now all stacked.

No need for a "master depositor", as long as every char who has access to the house has full access (i.e. can take out what others put in).
    Yinla likes this.