banestrike question...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I know they changed banestrike earlier this year, so it's passive now. I've noticed in my logs that I don't ever get a banestrike message, so not sure if it's not going off, or if there is no message when it does go off.

The other part of the question is, is banestrike still tied to slayer achievements? Or does it just randomly go off, regardless of the mob type?

Thanks!
    Tat
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well I am still getting the "banestrike" reward screen pop up that says I got a flag for killing xxx amount of certain mobs on my lower characters so I think it is still tied to /ach.

Pretty sure they mentioned they took out the message but then there was still the graphic which cause folks to complain so they took that out also and it was breaking root so they fixed that. I will have to pay attention, maybe :D next time I am fighting.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, ....

No message
    No graphic

I guess we just hope it's still happening?

PS - thought of another way to check... I remembered it always did a flat amount of damage (no foci, no crit, etc), so I filtered my log, and found a bunch of hits for 14,500, which I remembered was how much Banstrike was doing at levels 106-108. So, looks like it is working.
  4. Nniki Augur

Additional related messages:

You begin casting Banestrike.
    ____ begins to cast a spell. <Banestrike>

You begin singing Banestrike.
    ____ begins to sing a song. <Banestrike>

____ is struck by vengeful spirits.

Game Update Notes: July 18, 2018
    Game Update Notes: August 15, 2018
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nope, not true. Otherwise I wouldn't have needed to post this. Verified in my logs for the past month.

The "vengeful spirits" part is true, but I had no idea to search for that.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Fanra hit a sorcerous scorpiki for 16500 points of non-melee damage.
    A sorcerous scorpiki is struck by vengeful spirits.

It works. No change other than it is now passive. It is still based on the fact you need to kill so many of that type of creature before it will give you the quest reward with "Player flag" that is banestrike. The 16500 damage is the amount of banestrike.
  7. Nniki Augur

Perhaps you have something filtered off? I just checked both my live and beta log and can see them.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My previous experience was that everything went to your logs, whether you had filters on the chat windows or not.

What class are you? Maybe that makes a difference.

I don't have anything completely filtered that I can remember. How do you even check that? Only way I can think of is to go to every chat window, and look at everything, and see if there's anything which isn't checked on any of them. Frankly, not a process I feel like going through.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Also, just curious, because some people keep logs around for a long time. The ones you saw in your logs, what are the dates? They may be from before the change this summer.

The reason I ask, nobody else has disagreed with CatsPaws statements that the messages no longer appear in the logs, except for you.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess the logs are recent since they mention beta and I have seen them in logs within the last week.
  11. Nniki Augur

There are two different types of filters. One determines if they show at all (via Options). The other determines which chat box they display in (via Chat boxes).
    Bard. Also verified just now on cleric.
    Options -> Chat -> Proc Spells (Begin Casting)
    Make sure this is set to Show (and not Hide).
    Today.
    I believe the message he was referring to was this:
    Your Banestrike fails because you have not yet mastered slaying this race.
    Oxgoad likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sure enough, this was set to "Hide". The weird thing is, I didn't even know about this options page, and had never turned anything off there. Is "Hide" the default for this chat category?

Oh, and thanks for the help on solving this!
    Oxgoad and Nniki like this.
  13. Nniki Augur

Looks like it.

Game Update Notes: September 20, 2017
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, even found the Dev reference! Thanks, again.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Also just noticed, I'm still not seeing the messages, so it must be one of the other hidden categories. I'll keep nosing around.
    Oxgoad likes this.