Banestrike question/plane of justice punishers and also item aa effects question.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Questoften32, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Questoften32 Augur

With plane of justice mobs can never seem to master the races to get effective banestrike. Some other mobs elsewhere too. I know its just kill 100 but dose not work on some things.

With item effects, I mean the cool, clicking this item grants ability, like grim aura, the 8 ac, resistances, dmg shield, and so on. It gives you a buff that says in tool tip its permanent but dose nothing.

Yet the effect shows up in your aa.

Dose having the buff active matter, they replace each other. Can you have more than one passive stat effect like that active. Is it really permanent?
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

First time you use a clicky, it gives an "item ability"-AA, its a permanent buff(you can disable it if you feel like it, but there is not really a reason to do that), it does not take up a buff slot and has no downside.

The following times you click the item, it gives a "shadow of"-buff in your buff bar. it doesn't have any effect other than taking up a buff slot, and can be clicked away with no penalty.
    The only reason to leave it on, is when you are fighting mobs that dispells your buff slots in order. The strat there is to have you first few buffslots filled with "junk-buffs" such as the "shadow-of"-buffs, and reapply them in order to protect your "good" buffs from the next dispell.
  3. Questoften32 Augur

Ty, and as to the banestike, and races you cant seem to master? Bug or intentional?
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It could be a bug, but to come with a useful answer I would need more specific information about which mobs you are killing.

I have had mobs not count, because of bugs before...

Is it because the mobs are not covered by any banestrike-type, or does the achievement-counter just not increase?
  5. Questoften32 Augur

''Referring to plane of justice mobs, specifically the punishers. ''Sort of humanoid alien lizard type guys that work with the rock elemental there, tag team''.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

You want the "Natives of Luclin" achievement, which takes an assorted 500 kills. There may be more now, but I think the Eye of Zomm model is the only one that wasn't part of the slayer system in some fashion when it came out. You just have to dig around a bit for some of them; not everything is in the easier category of kill 5/10/100, etc..