Banestrike confusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RPoo, Aug 31, 2019.

1. RPoo Augur

I thought that banestrike could only proc every 45 sec*. So how is it I'm watching some lvl 50 shaman proc upwards to 7 times a minute?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well it has a (40%?) chance to cast on most detrimental spells used, and the melee/ranged chance is more likely to fit the timer, but . . . ya, it is really screwball. I wish they would have left it activated.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Nniki Augur

I imagine that shaman just doesn't have slayer completed for that creature type, so it's attempting to cast and just resetting, causing the cast spam.

See if there are any landing/damage messages:

_____ hit _____ for _____ points of physical damage by Banestrike _____.
    _____ is struck by vengeful spirits.

They made the following changes with the August 15, 2018 game update to reduce the annoyance associated with invalid banestrike targets, but otherwise it still attempts to cast:
    RPoo likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I thought that once you kill the minimum number to get Banestrike, that the next level (example: you get it for killing 1,000, next level 10,000) reduced the proc time.
    RPoo likes this.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

It starts at 60 seconds, three ranks of that aa bring it down to 45. The aa has nothing to do with how many of any individual type you kill, there are three over-arching slayer achievements that grant the aa points.
  6. Laronk Augur

But, there's so many buttons to press already. I like it much better as a proc
  7. AcemoneyFV Augur

This. I see it all the time.
    RPoo likes this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It could also be that the new proc version works on a per type basis with regard to the proc. Also, as with all procs it is possible to get more than the PPM in some situations.
  9. RPoo Augur

If so, change the description of the proc then and not have all the slayers count for anything.