Bandolier and the ESC Key

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morgoth, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Morgoth Elder

In the patch just released hitting the esc key closes the bandolier window. Why? Is this really necessary and does it have some value.
    I personally hate having my bandolier window close every time I hit the esc. key.
  2. Rtugok Developer

We are working on allowing players to decide which windows they want to be escapable or not via the context menu since obviously unchangeable default settings cannot possibly please everyone.
    Kravitz likes this.
  3. Kravitz Augur

Any chance you could consider creating something that also allows you to tab between chat windows? The advantage of this would be you wouldn't have to use the mouse to hover over to the chat window you want to type too.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Yeah, the Bando-window closing was somewhat a stupid change. I've had to make a hotbar dedicated to pri/sec/range/ammo with my bandolier sets also hotkeyed, just to get around your "fix".
  5. Tegila Augur

you should remove the minimum sizes you added in also, jsut make the defaultsize what you want, dont tell us we cant shrink windows we've been shrinkingMUCH smaller htan the new minimujm for years. the tribute window is absolutely horrible and we shoudlnt have to go into our eq folder to change the parameters then load it as if its a custom ui bc you guys screwed it up
    Straahdx and smash like this.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have always hotbar the different weapons sets to reduce clutter. I actually like the esc function put in there and could not really understand why it wasn't to begin with.
  7. Tegila Augur

try using your commands. /1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /g /gu /rs /fs /ooc /shout etc. if yo utalk in /say the most then make that your default channel (just hitting enter will put what yo usay in /say, i use /g for mine) there is no reasno to click on a window to type in it

and you dont have to hit enter or click on the chat line to do this either, just hitting hte / will start typing. im surprised how many dont know this honestly. hit enter totype in defaultchannel, the / command for any other channel. i keep all my typing in one window but i view channels in 7 different windows (using always chat here on the box i type in and default channel set as group) just like hitting r will reply rather than typing /tell soandso blah blah or just hitting T will /tell
  8. Tegila Augur

yeah it bugged me but not to a big point. if i hit B on accident and it opened i had to hit it again to close but for years and years before just hitting escape would close it. all other windows that dont close with escape have had default shortcuts with keycombos (except P for petition which is more annoying to hit on accident heh)
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Usually when I open something I don't want it because I forgot to hit enter before typing which has done interesting things. Hitting esc has always been my main way of getting out of a lot of it.
    Tegila likes this.
  10. sojuu Augur

While I dont its that big of a deal to click on the window, I do use windows like the person who you replied to. I believe its annoying to type /g or /gu b4 I wanna say something. So I too just click on the windows where I wanna type. The tabbing I guess wouldnt be a bad thing but isn't a huge deal for me to click on the window.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

I keep separate windows for our raid bidding channels, as often times we have 1 spell level + 2-3 items going at once. If there's 2 things I want to bid on, separate windows helps a ton. ;)
  12. JolineSZ Augur

Can only agree, this ESC feature already makes me nuts because the bandolier window is a fixed part of my UI that is always open
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. smash Augur

Agree on removing the minimum size.
  14. Revulsion Elder

yea the default UI is way huge and bulky and personally ugly to me I cant stand how huge it is I use a custom UI and make my windows, and hotkeys and bandolier windows way smaller cant stand how bulky the default is oh well to each their own I guess for those that like the default thats fine but like others i go in and change some of the parameters to fit what i want.
  15. Aamonn Journeyman

Pleeease do! I would love the bandolier to close on ESC but the tribute to NOT close when you hit ESC.
    Tegila likes this.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I love the Default UI. SoE hasn't broke it yet :D
  17. Tegila Augur

i meant the new minimum sizesthey jsut added in for pet window and tribute. it totally screwed up much of our layouts. ive lived with tribute closing with escape for..ever..but now i cant even stand to open it to turn it on and off bc it's so huge and i cant shrink it back to where it was. i REFUSE to use custom ui's and then every patch worry whats gonna work and whats not. my layout etc is fine if htey dont do things like make the minimum size of my windows 5-10x what they have been for thel ast 2 years or longer..it's dumb, sorry guys but theres zero reason to have made this change. if you wanna make default size for tribute 10' by 10' go for it but dont leave this minimum size garbage in, let us put them back how they were a week ago and how theyve been for years.
  18. Keshua Journeyman

Sorry to bring up an old thread but just wanted to say I LOVE the new option to close or not to close any window with the ESC key! Rockin some tradeskills with it :D

Thank you, thank you SoE. This change is actually pretty sweet!
  19. Braveheart Augur

allow us to resize windows like hotbars.

eg.
    Combat Ability Window
    Eq Button
    alt W window
    MP3 Player

List goes on.
    Keshua likes this.