Ban Questions for Daybreak / Customer Service

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sellion, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Sellion New Member

I am curious if someone from Daybreak or at least Customer Service will actually read / respond to this with a real explanation and answer the questions posed instead of replying with a canned response about exploits, we can't discuss bans that happen to others, or something else.

Just to be clear, I did not receive a ban, I rarely post.

Let's define Exploit before going any further.

Exploit - make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

Is the reason for the mass ban because of people exploiting The Overthere Raid, Group Mission, or both?

I only ask this as I am trying to understand the logic (if any) behind it (no, I am not here to complain, but to seek legit answers).

You have been able to flip Group Missions for years and it has been reported multiple times before the current ban without being addressed.

Examples of being able to request a mission, drop it without a lockout timer and repeat are as follows:

1. Any Expansion (especially CoTF) - Collection pieces that only spawn during a Heroic Adventure
    2. Any Expansion - Named for Hunter Achievements that only spawn during a Heroic Adventure

Now maybe it's because of the ability to get gear/augs/spell in a quicker manner. I have examples for this too.

3. Empires of Kunark - Group Mission - The Summoning of Droga
    - Defeat the high priest and the incarnation of Droga 0/1 (The Temple of Droga)
    - Open the chest to recieve your reward 0/1 (The Temple of Droga)

Last year during EoK, once the augs were finally instituted, people found a way to flip this mission for the Deep Mine Bulwark. It wasn't hard as it has the same number of steps as The Overthere mission. You do the mission, drop task, and open the chest and loot in under a minute and you could repeat this without a lockout timer. Actually, all missions that have "Open the chest" as the last step are vulnerable to dropping without a lockout timer and repeating unless you receive a lockout timer upon requesting the mission.

4. At release of EoK, Named were dropping the Type 5 Augs. People camped these to get all they would need before a patch that made them only vendor purchasable as intended.

Other examples of players being able to benefit from no lockouts that I am sure wasn't intended.

5. Group Mission Achievements - Being able to get achievements for a group mission before opening the chest. This was big in TBM. If you did a mission and only got 2 of the 3 achievements, you could drop the mission without receiving a lockout and try again until you got that last achievement.

6. Old World Hunters - Being able to sit in the guild hall, guild lobby, basically anywhere outside of the zone that the named mobs are located to complete Hunters Achievements and getting credit for everyone that is in the Group/Raid.

In my experience (over 40 years), inconsistencies in policies is exactly why people raise a fuss (complain). Why did this happen to me and not everyone else?

So I ask, why now is this one instance any different than any of the examples listed above? Are the above examples not considered exploits? Why did people get a ban for one mission (that is current) but no one has received bans for any of the above examples mentioned in the past? I am sure a lot of people (not all) have benefited from one or more of the above examples.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

The dead horse has officially been beaten. But at least you opened yet another redundant thread. A brand new thread just for you. Good work. You did it!
    Thrillho likes this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

These ones in particular...

They moved the experience to the end of the HA's, and said specifically that you would have to choose between the experience or restarting for the chance at the named.

Camping a named that drops something wouldn't be considered an exploit...

The devs intentionally made named update across zones, and have commented on it very recently that it's up to guilds how they tackle hunter updates. Whether all in one zone, spread out across zones, etc.
  4. Sellion New Member

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words and I don't get sarcasm. I specifically posted this in hopes that some of this is answered by Daybreak/CS so they wouldn't have to scroll through multiple pages/posts to address the issues.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

So to help devs avoid scrolling through multiple posts, you made another post?
    Thrillho likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

yay more redundant threads.
    You cheated, you know the risks. Just because its an old exploit doesn't mean its not an exploit.

Too bad if you got caught.
    La~
    Nennius likes this.