Ban players from this "The Veterans' Lounge" ..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What's the smoking gun? It would need to be a statement from John Smedley, Dave Georgeson, or TOS/EULA.

The quote by Piestro only shows that they allowed a single-key autofire program (for archery). The usage of the word "autofire" clearly delineates it from more obvious script software names. They even had controversies whether the single-key autofire program was permitted for foraging. According to SOE, autofire for foraging provided a monetary advantage (sell forage items) and therefore was not allowed.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Unless you worked/work for SOE/Daybreak, this is pure supposition.

For all we know, they were quietly enforcing the rules (actual bans) and the volume of cheaters was much lower at the time.

Simply because you "got away it" or "got lucky" is not solid evidence that the policy was to allow cheating (scripting not single-key autofire for archery).
  3. Bardy McFly Augur

That's your interpretation, not mine.

We're just going in circles so I'm respectfully bowing out of continuing unless you feel the need to keep going in circles with me. Not a threat or a challenge, I'm just exhausted with the discussion for today lol.
  4. Bardy McFly Augur

They would have targeted the high value/mass-disruption players first. They left players to manipulate and hold entire zones for entire expansions. If they're allowing that, they're not banning players that are minding their own business.

And again, we cross posted but I'm bowing out for now.
  5. MacDubh TABLES!!!

One could easily copy and paste this and reply to 90% of your posts on this subject in the last week.
    Chaffe likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The current regime is 7-day suspensions is a "slap on the wrist." (I don't even think they roll back characters). Everyone knows this.

So, in a debate of suppositions, between the 2012 policy of actual bans (lower volume) and the 2022 policy of 7-day suspensions (higher volume), you simply never heard of the stories of actual cheaters in 2012.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Not really. I am very careful to make a strong case.

The pro-cheat crowd is relying heavily on tenuous interpretations of past quotes and assumptions/suppositions of internal data to make the case that cheating software has been "condoned."

It is easier to highlight the logical fallacies than it is to weave a myth.
  8. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Are you telling us you secretly work for SOE/Daybreak? It is all starting to make sense...
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am a veteran rule-abiding player who has been on the forums.

The pro-cheat side has to rely heavily on revisionism and myth-making.

It is simply easier to refute revisionism and myth-making than it is to actually build the revisionist myth.
  10. Accendo Guest

This thread is no longer constructive so it's been locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.