Ban players from this "The Veterans' Lounge" ..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardy McFly Augur

I was one of the heavy lobbyers for instanced raids back in the day when Ragefire and Lockjaw first came out, a feature that eventually became Agents of Change that is one of the most used features of the game on servers I've played on. There was a small group of us that fought for months here on the forums for the feature and you know what? DPG listened and they eventually made it happen.

I don't fight for things that I think will hurt the game. I fight for things that I think will benefit the game in the long run. I'm not pro-cheater. I'm a fan of finding ways to help players play the way they want to play without hurting the gameplay of others that want to play the game differently.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Quoted for truth.

We would be close to anarchy (in society and in game) if rules were subject to personal whims.

For a game, it would be a degradation of the user experience for the majority of players. Automation is really a long form of plat dupping. With ill-gotten Krono and platinum, automators/botters can price out rule-abiding players in the markets.
  3. Bardy McFly Augur

I want to drive faster than 65, so I drive 72 and cops look the other way. I've already used that example on one of the other threads. Rules vs. policy.
  4. Kaldor New Member

Seems completely relevant to me. I pay the fine and go on because who cares and if I got points, a true inconvenience, I'd hire a laywer which I actually did before for my wife.

Considering the repeat waves and posts here we are seeing your exact same scenario play out here. people are taking 7 days suspension and going right back to it - it's the fine penalty. Which it seems most are happy to take.

As a player since beta, I'm still struggling to figure out why anybody would want to reduce revenue to a game this old. from the raid posts to the general chat - it's obvious we are seeing impacts in various places. And I don't see how this plays out as a benefit to eq. But hell I'd like the game to still be around for 30th anniversary so I'm sort of anti anything that reduces revenue (short of the real abusers out there monopolizing zones). To the boxer playing out somewhere? Could care less since he's keeping the game going and no impact to my play. .
  5. Wanano New Member

Two or more people in the same house, playing at the same time is not cheating ? or is it ?
    Because that is what happened. or was it GINA or Gamparse ? 'Cause GINA was the only extra thing running.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No offense taken.

And no argument started here.

But for future reference what would like to show proof that they were suspensions and not bans and that many players had removed the programs?
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Botters (automators): I can break the rules because I have "unenumerated rights" and "old precedents."

Also botters (automators): Training is against the rules. I have reported you. You are getting a suspension or ban. (Even though training has been traditionally condemned by the Play Nice Policy and not by any official policy until recently).
  8. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

Well I hope now that every single discussion about any suspensions this week we will see the normal people complain that New Users must be cheaters and so any opinion they have should be dismissed.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The only certain proof would for a physical diagnostic of the system (i.e. Best Buy employee will check the drives) to account for false positives. Even then, nothing prevents them from re-installing the software after the diagnostic.
  10. Elvenphox Lorekeeper

Automation does not equal boxing, but anti-automation is absolutely anti-boxing. You would hold boxers back and have them unable to complete group content as well as a regular group.

If it DPG allowed it then it wouldn't provide an advantage, right?
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

"Anti-automation is absolutely anti-boxing." This is laughable. Because not allowing some long form of plat dupping is a handicap?

The same software that allows for warping and real time tracking? No thanks.

Trusting your computer security with base software and mods from possible bad actors? No thanks.

There's a reason why e m u l a tors are not catching on with a good portion of the playerbase.
    Raccoo likes this.
  12. Bardy McFly Augur

I've never been trained nor reported that I am aware of. I think trainers should face consequences as they are purposefully disrupting the play of others. Perhaps all players that use 3rd party tools shouldn't be lumped into one pile?

So why am I still speaking up when I said I was done?

Because I think there needs to be a counter-voice to the players on here just calling for flat-out banning across the board of players that use certain 3rd party tools. You're calling for all players that use certain 3rd party tools to all be lumped into 1 pool and banned and I think that's wrong and it's not ok. Players that have been playing the same way for the past 15 years and not bothering anyone. Players that have paid for 6 or more accounts at times when DPG was so hurt for cash that they had to offer lifetime subscriptions to try to stay afloat. We helped keep the game afloat for so long, stop calling for us to be banned now that DPG actually has some money to work with.

Players like me mind our own business, stay out of peoples way, don't use 3rd party tools to try to be "first" or even do current content in most cases, and if I did not come on here voicing my opinion then nobody on my server would even know I use any said tools or likely even know I exist if I said who I was.

So call for the abusers, the zone monopolizers, the 24/7 AFK bot XPers to face consequences. But find a way to leave players like myself out of it instead of just condemning everyone.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Daybreak has to treat 3rd party software for what it could do and not what the user would do.

People change all of the time. One day, Joe is a "benign botter". The next day, Joe is automating and monopolizing a camp for Type 5 or 7 augments. The next month, Joe is automating for chase loot, TS loot, and platinum drops.
  14. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Benito you seem very concerned about labeling people cheaters. You need to understand that a label means absolutely nothing.
    The point is this: a large portion of the community enjoys playing one way, one enjoys playing another way. One side is advocating that a large portion of the population should not get to play, the other just wants to be heard.

Anyway, there is no point in arguing. People here have their minds made up and ultimately none of us have a say in the outcome.
  15. Go Take A Nap Augur

if i had a nickel for everytime you brought up your aug camp you lost at id be rich at this point... why are you incessantly ranting one very thread about this?
  16. xcitng Augur

well, after i asked you several times to please stop you just kept on doing it, that is harassment
    not going to say more about it, you obviously think you can do no wrong so it's not worth it for me to spend anymore time trying to show you that you were wrong
  17. Bardy McFly Augur

Daybreak shouldn't care what 3rd party software is on anyone's machine at all. They shouldn't even need to scan for it. They should be monitoring on the server-side for abusive behavior and making judgements based on the evidence that is sent to their servers. It doesn't even need to run in real-time since they aren't doing immediate bans, anyway. They can scan their data on the side and still do their monthly actions based on findings.

But, again, it comes down to what each of us thinks should be an actionable offense by DPG. That's where some of us here disagree.
    Kaenneth and Wanano like this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The augment argument perfectly illustrates the advantages of automation (botting).

People need to fill all of their Type 5 slots (across multiple characters). It requires effort - either, hours of running missions or camping named. Automation allows cheaters the ability to bypass the time-sink. It is an advantage to gameplay.
  19. Elvenphox Lorekeeper

Not sure what your obsession with platinum is, but it's not shared by me. How about a compromise? Introduce some sort of plat sink only applicable to box groups. I'd be somewhat okay with that, depending on the details of course. What I'm really looking for is a way to beat X mission or Y quest after weeks of receiving crickets to the familiar plea "120 necro LFG".

If it DPG allowed it then it wouldn't provide an advantage, right?
    You didn't answer the question.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think we will have to disagree on that as I was trying to get some information in order to help solve the issue. You don't do anyone any good by filing a bug that says there are 8 pages of spells you can't delete and provide no information about which spells are having the issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.