Ban players from this "The Veterans' Lounge" ..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

They do, fact. End of story.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You claim there was enough for a dev to know what the issue was with you deleting spells when you refused to say which spells you wanted to delete? Multiple people told you that some spells could be deleted and others can't yet you still refused to list which spells you had issues with which could have helped figure out what the problem was.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They do yet for some reason you are the only one who has said anything about it?
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I can confirm from a box account created in 2020 and never forum used...

1. Can like anything right away.
    2. 1st post displays message that it will not be visible to other users until a moderator approves it.
    3. After the moderator approves it, shows it was last edited by moderator, although there is no edit.

I can also confirm by using a separate email address to create a brand new account and signing into the forums...

1. Cannot like anything.
    2. Cannot post anything.
    3. Shows permissions message where those links would be.

Google search turns this up from 2015...
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/432336/cant-post-on-eq-forums

Maybe it is 72 hours but I will probably forget the password before then.

We should not be surprised they would implement something and not say anything. Or not fix something and not say anything. Or fix something and break something else.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I was able to see and respond to your post pretty quickly on a Sunday night, which makes me question that others can't see your post.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

This is my original account not the box account I tested with. I did not test that account today and I was not trying to check this functionality. I wanted to see if an old account was still a "New Member" or could be changed as the new member argument is so prevalent.

I am just confirming what was said earlier, they do have distinct bumpers in place for "new to forum only" accounts AND "new" accounts.

No point in debating if the functionality is in place when anyone could just try it to confirm for themselves.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. xcitng Augur

that's not true, i said that the new little lvl 85 heroic mage had at least 8 pages of pet spells i could not delete ... i also agreed that there were some spells that could not be deleted
    none of what you say here was reason to harass me constantly about it, even after i asked you several times to please stop
    the others that posted were helpful, no one else acted like you did
    this has already gone far enough in this thread so time to end it
    Kaenneth likes this.
  8. miitee New Member

#1 Last edited by Accendo, Apr 7, 2022
  9. xcitng Augur

miitee is my box account, i wrote and asked why the message said that it will not be visible to other users until a moderator approves it.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I have actually asked the moderators to look at his history of posts.. almost every reply is a negative and is exactly what you said above.
    Dre. and Bardy McFly like this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

EXACTLY!
    It is unproductive and exhausting and a disturbance to getting advice from other players.
    Dre. likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

1. It is a dangerous path if we target specific individuals on the forums. (Ultimately, the moderator has to apply the new standard to all sides).

2. Individuals should use the Ignore function more liberally on the forums. Don't like someone's post (an opinion)? Respond with brevity and cogency, scroll over, or ignore the poster (click on their profile page and press Ignore).

3. Individuals should use direct/private messages in a non-threatening way if they have a concern they would like to address. (Copy in the moderator if the issue arises to interpersonal conflict).

4. Need to dispute, check, or clarify an argument/statement? Target the merits only. Refrain from ad hominem and implicit/explicit insults. Profanity is a sure way to get a suspension. Posters should use de-escalatory language and tactics whenever possible.

5. Should people be free to express (make jokes, use memes)? Sure. But it depends on the interlocuter. Some people can accept a small amount of banter/familiarity, others expect serious conversations. I think gauging the level of discourse and maintaining a degree of decorum and proportionality is important.

I'm always learning.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Allworth Elder

You should take your own advice. You are one of the most contentious and argumentative posters on these forums. You are the last person that should be lecturing anyone on tone and forum decorum. You need to learn some humility and stop with the self-righteous grandstanding.
    Chaffe, Oakenblade, Kaenneth and 6 others like this.
  14. sieger Augur

Yep, you will see a significant improvement in quality of both these forums and the official discord if you ignore Waring on here and block him on Discord. It removes a large % of the lowest quality posts/messages.
    Protius and Dre. like this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Putting certain posters on ignore makes browsing these forums much less toxic. You don't even have to see their crap when someone replies to something they posted, which makes for hilariously entertaining reading at times since it appears that people are just screaming into the wind for no reason.
    Elyssanda and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For some reason you refuse to give any examples of spells that you can't delete but think you should. That would go a long way to determine if there is an actual bug or if there is just a misunderstanding of which spells you can and can't delete.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure why some appear to be offended by the suggestion that people who get hit with a suspension/ban can't post on the forums and create new accounts in order to do that.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My posts never reach this level of negativity:

Edit: I’m aware that I am public enemy No.1 for the pro-cheat folks. My merit-based arguments shine the sun on why Daybreak should not let up on anti-cheat enforcement.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  19. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Your arguments are the best arguments, other people have arguments sometimes but they are in no way a match for your merit-based arguments. Shine on bother.

Edit: I hadn't even read the quote from Allworth, you had to click on his profile and go back to December to pull that out. I have noticed this type of toxic behavior on the forums before. Can we not keep posts contained within a single post without people doing deep dives in to post history to get ammunition?
  20. Elvenphox Lorekeeper

What you lack in persuasion ability is more than made up for by sheer volume. Nobody cares about you specifically, Benito. We just don't want our opinions overshadowed by repetitive posters.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.