Baldurs Gate 3 is coming boys!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malkavius, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Malkavius Augur

I really wish there was an offtopic forum here. So I haven't heard much hype since the series is so old I'm assuming. But I figured most of you guys have played the older RPGs. It's being made by Larian studios who made the pretty damn good divinity original sin games.

Here's the teaser

2. birdsong_pawn Augur

Looks interesting. I haven't played any of the related games since the original Baldur's Gate, but it was excellent. Heck, now I want to play BG1 again!
  3. Tucoh Augur

4. Malkavius Augur

Definitely give it another go! Baldurs Gate 2 is alot better than the first one as well. They also released siege of dragonspear a few years ago that takes place between 1 and 2. It's great taking a character through it all.

These games were back when bioware was like the blizzard of RPGs. All of the RPGs they made were great.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I serve(d) the flaming fist! Then a mindflayer up my :p

Seeing Larian making that makes me happy.
  6. Tygart Lorekeeper

Don't forget, "I AM THE LAW!". I'm looking forward to this release.
  7. Brovaar Elder

You must gather your party before venturing forth!
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Go for the eyes, Boo - GO FOR THE EYES!!
    Spellfire likes this.
  9. josh Augur

Really weird, i just bought the bg2 enhanced edition a week ago and was aching for a sequel. Sometimes I really wonder if I'm in some sort of Truman Show situation.
  10. DaciksBB Augur

Oh boy, mindflayers. Now we need drow.
  11. Aegir Augur

Jump on my sword while you can, evil... I won't be as gentle!

I'm really Hyped about this. Was chatting with another BG fan the other day.

As the Trailer shows, it seems like the Ilithids has come back to their ancient emperial power. One of their Nautiloids (Their Ships) is hovering above the city at the very end of the trailer.

I hope we get to Travel to the Astral Plane and join a Githyanki war against the Ilithids. /roar!
  12. Gillette Lorekeeper

Butt kicking for goodness!
  13. Malkavius Augur

I've heard a few people go "Oh wow! I used to have baldurs Gate 2 for my PlayStation 2!"

This..... Isn't that.

I vaguely remember them though so maybe they were good. I remember playing them when I was a teen and feeling like the were very weak diablo style games.
  14. Anhur Journeyman

"A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose Boo, we will leave no crevice untouched! *squeak squeak*"

I've replayed BG2 once a year since it was released - a quality series!

I'm hopeful for BG3, though I'm sceptical about it being a true successor.
  15. Tucoh Augur

I still regularly use the phrase

"Squeeky wheel gets the kick!"

It's a perfect inversion of a statement that is even more true than what it's based on.
  16. Malkavius Augur

"Beware evil I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster"