Balance

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fluid, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Fluid Augur

Thought I would set the record straight with all the talk about how overpowered someone else is.
    I did a /w all 30 50 on the new TLP server and results were
    38 Necromancer
    36 Magician
    30 Shadow Knight
    31 Ranger
    32 Bard
    32 Monk

All guilded but to 3 different guilds.
    I thought it was important to post the 'Over powered Enchanters' are AWOL and the 'weak Ranger' made it to the level 30+ club.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

That means nothing. .. and for all we know the group members were carried along by others.

Norok was twitch streaming his static though and he was a 35 enc someone around midnight.
  3. snailish Augur

Hard to account for those chanters and druids going anon right away to avoid blind tells for buffs (and eventually ports in the case of the druids).

When Paladin is the dominant class early on a progression server, we will know that balance has been upset.
    Catashe likes this.
  4. Catashe Augur

^This lol
  5. Green_Mage Augur

Wow, alert.

You will see plenty of really high levels of all classes in every launch. They are preforms that often use enchanters, necromancer, and mages to power-level. They have a game-plan and a bunch exp and mana pots usually..Keep in mind the power of charm is most salient in that first to 40-50's era. A charm pet in lguk is way more powerful for the time period than a charmed caimen out in Sro.

Until the 30's infact, mages are probably the best class for leveling.
  6. Fluid Augur

Some people just always read too much into a post. The post is exactly what I saw. The interpretations that all the common knowledge underpowered toons were there while the over powered ones were not is because they all went anonymous. Cough!!!

You have to selectively be biased to the point where your opinion means less. For one thing, a Ranger in that range can do all the good buffs like damage shields and SoW. So you gotta believe there are dozens of wise Enchanters, Wizards, Druids, that all are smart enough to go anonymous but there is one dumb Ranger that forgot. Ditto for the Magician who has the best twink damage shield in the game.

I also checked out Rathe Mountains, no one killing hill giants and I was the *ONLY* person in the zone. Some people you just can't reach. Goes to arguing religion or politics. If you want to talk facts, I can do that like above. If you want to talk faith i.e. everyone else must of been anonymous go ahead. My post stands on its own, nothing but a factual data. We used to have a saying in R&D, "One experiment is worth 1,000 theories" You can't counter facts with theories no matter how hard your wishful thinking is.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Couldn't agree more, one post of "data" with a whole 6 data points sure is pretty solid evidence that should convince everyone. Clearly, we have all just been imagining the advantage of the charm mechanics.
  8. Fluid Augur

What do you do, just follow me around to make feeble attempts to find fault with my posts:

You have a chance to actually contribute something of value, everyone in this thread did. Just log into the server and do your own /w all to come up with something real that contradicted my post. There were only Instead you take the low road and do nothing but complain w/o adding any substantive content. There were only six, 6, 6.0, people that were online that had made it to level 30+ and none of them were Enchanters. This is in the face of people saying there were going to be six PC groups of Enchanters dominating the server and calling for disabling charm because it was to powerful.

I played along side a higher level Enchanter in Crushbone when I was using my mage., caught and passed them. They had to zone so many times I felt sorry for them.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Ok, I did a /who all of current level 50's just now.

2 Necromancers, 1 Enchanter, 1 Cleric. All told, 3 charmers and a healer. All from the same guild, so I imagine they leveled together.

When I dropped it to /who all 46 50, I got 3 necromancers, 3 enchanters, 2 clerics, 3 magicians and a SK.

There seems to be a common theme here at the pointy end, and it is not diversity of classes.
  10. Green_Mage Augur

You don't need the freakin investiage any further gentlemen...

Enchanters level faster...but you really only need one (2 are better). Mages and Necromancers are also really powerful because of OP pets, necro charm, and op spells for the era.

Spells are so OP compared to what they were in era, that wizards are actually good. Wizards sucked on live this era... The were good for endgame and solo quading but were not good sustained dps.

If they are actually seriously about recreating a classic experience...all that stuff needs to be toned down across multiple classes. It's a big project to be sure...

However, it would be pretty easy to just take charms out of the game the first 8 weeks of launch.
  11. Gana Augur

How does that work with /role and /anon?
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Where are all the halflings then with their exp bonus? That's a fact. This population should easily dominate.

I bet the warriors and rogues are anonymous, however. But they're there. I've presented the facts.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Yup. I did this for a long time on Phini for that exact reason.