Baga's stand not granting alaran language bonus

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Badar_mangler, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Badar_mangler New Member

I completed Baga's Stand stone cold quest on two characters, shaman and Bard. Both were on 82 Alaran language. Baga's is supposed to give +5 to Alaran language skill. My shaman got this and went to 87 but my Bard did not get the +5 and is stuck on 82.
    I reported through a ticket and was told it was a bug and cannot be manually fixed and i should submit a bug request and so I am.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Did you right click ancient text?
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=97707
    Item Information:
    Right-click to attempt reading the text.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

After clicking the book from Baga's if you don't receive the bonus language try clicking an older book you've already clicked, sometimes the flag gets stuck or something and clicking an old book rechecks it.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This is the solution. Clicking the Ancient Text never gives the +5 alaran. But having read the Ancient Text and then clicking a regular VoA progress book will give you the +5 alaran.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Fenthen likes this.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Ancient Text is a cap bonus thats only around for SCS. You can go to 105 when you get flagged. I forget if there was another limited time bonus thats no longer in game since launch where you can get more than 105.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Doesn't help Mangler who are in VoA (and where OP is playing I assume based on username)
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And we know what assuming does:D
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

:p
    Even if OP is referring to a server with VoA open thats not mangler, the point remains that those quests come after most people care about Alaran language on TLP.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

This is why we need a TLP Bugs forum.
    CatsPaws likes this.