Bag of Platinum - not available at silver?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just gone to buy some PP on my silver account and its not showing up on the loyalty vendor.

The free 2 play FAQ doesn't mention items not being available on the loyalty vendor.

http://www.everquest.com/free

This correct or been overlooked? If correct can we get it added along with anything else which cannot be purchased at silver.

500 PP allowed X level 60 is way over what PP is allowed for the char I was on, so can't be that it would give her too much PP.
  2. Sinestra Augur

Has been like this since F2P went in and has had multiple posts made on the subject.
  3. Endiment Scale Tailed

If silver accounts could buy it, people would just make bunches of silver accounts just get free platinum every time the accounts had enough loyalty points.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bah I'll just wait till she has more and go gold for a bit, she already has 1700 SC :( Wish I could transfer it.
  5. Naeeleu Elder

the link you posted does mention that you cant use it, it says silver and free accounts can't use prestige items and the bags of plat is a prestige item.
  6. Geroblue Augur

I calculated that a silver character would have to be around 130-140th level to get a bag of platinum, according to the rules on how much plat a silver account can have per level.
  7. Endiment Scale Tailed

level 30 * 500/level = 15,000 Which is about what the bags give. Unless there's something I'm missing.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Didn't even think to loook to see if it had prestige tag.
  9. doktartp Augur

even though you dont put it on, its prestige to get, something you cant spend your loyalty for not paying for eq on.
  10. Moklianne Augur

What a great way to farm plat! If they weren't prestige, that is.
  11. Geroblue Augur

Ah, bronze would have to be 150th level. 100 per level. 15000/100 = 150
  12. Numiko Augur

save up more points, buy a Gold Ticket .. shout "gold ticket for sale!" and pocket 50-75K .. much better then the 15 or so K the bag of plats give.
  13. Gnar Augur

At the reduced rate a silver and bronze ftp account earn loyalty it would take forever to get a gold ticket. Besides gold tickets prices have been steadily dropping since the loyalty program went live.

I really dont see the issue with bag of platinum. its going to take half a year to earn enough for that bag. Even if someone had enough time to make 50 accounts, whats that 750k plat every 6 months? Thats alot of logging in and out. You could earn more plat learning what to kill/loot and buy/sell in the bazaar in that amount of time. LOL now they are just going to remove access to the gold ticket from those accounts.
  14. iniari-TR Augur

FTP players should have to use copper. :p
  15. Sinestra Augur

Originally weren't the bags of plat priced at about what a week of full scale loyalty would earn you? That would be 52 bags of plat a year, which would only come out to 780k wouldn't it? They won't even let gold members get that kind of money.
  16. Gnar Augur

Ya but your comparing what one gold account would have gotten in a year. In that comparison a single FTP account user would earn maybe 2 of those bags a year. My post was theorizing 50 FTP accounts in 6 months and how its a waste of time. If some Plat Farmer was looking to make lots of plat to sell they could easily do it on one gold account in less time just killing in certain zones and looting all the corpses, vendoring the junk and selling the TS stuff and loot in the bazaar.

I just feel bad for the true FTP and silver account people who rightfully so have some limitations because they dont pay, and the true accounts that can cause the most harm to the EQ economy is gold accounts owned by shady people. I could care less if a true ftp or silver account gets 15 to 30k plat for free a year and I dont see why SOE should either.
  17. Sinestra Augur

It's certainly not a waste of time. I could log in and log out of an account within a few minutes, which means in a few hours I could have logged in, claimed my bag o plat, traded it to my main, and logged out of each of my free accounts. Even if that took five hours, there is little to no chance you could make 750k plat in that same amount of time doing something else.

You seem to mistakenly believe that said person wouldn't be able to do anything but claim bags. They could learn to farm plat, and get a free 750k plat for a few hours work every six months. It would take no effort except to create the accounts and then to log in twice a year. Hardly difficult or in comparison time consuming.

I didn't see a problem personally with gold members getting bags o plat for only a little over 100 loyalty points, but then the devs have some mystical reason they blamed on "the economy" which as we all know hasn't been good in many years. Why should this be different?

As for shady gold accounts doing more harm than free ones, lets try to say that with a straight face when we discuss how free trial accounts were for years spamming people in tells and chats about buying plat on their sites and getting powerleveled. Both types of accounts are capable of disrutping the game in huge ways.

Free and Silver accounts are capable of making money just fine. This is in no way a make or break issue.
  18. Gnar Augur

Ya and those trail accounts were you could only get to level 10 were doing the power lvling and farming the plat? I dont think so they were using the trial accounts as a front to spam and then using regular accounts to do the dirty work, eventually SOE woke up and figured out a way to stop it. So yes i can make my claim with a straight face. The true abuse takes place on real accounts.

FTP and silver accounts are limited in the channels they can use and amount of plat they can hold and its really limited and rightfully because they dont pay, they play for free. So i dont see an issue with a true non abusive ftp/silver account player getting 30k free a year from 2 bags were a gold player can get a free 180k plat a year from 12 bags. My truthful opinion the bags of plat are a waste of loyalty it is better for the free food, res tokens, character slots, house stuff, port anchors etc but im established in this game and new players dont have my gear, lvls and resources.

Just to add to this when SOE limited the FTP accounts to lvl x 100 for 9500 plat max can be held on that character and account, and silver lvl x 500 for 47500 plat max (this is if the accounts have VOA and a lvl 95 character), the only true accounts that can abuse the system and sell large quantities of plat are shadey gold accounts.
  19. Sinestra Augur

Those trial accounts were the things disrupting the game and taking up many many pages here on the forums, not people selling plat or powerleveling. The paid accounts might have been doing the work, but the vast majority of the disruption was entirely trial accounts.

You can't be abusing the system with a gold account as it is set to work a certain way and if you are paying for an additional account you are allowed to use those points for whatever you wish. That is by no stretch of the imagination and abuse. As for using free accounts to get money, that would not be specific to gold accounts either so there would be an equal chance to abuse it for free, silver, and gold.
  20. Geroblue Augur

Bag of plat used to be half what it is now in Loyalty Points.